If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
The reviews I've read are without exception extremely positive on them: the only setback is they don't come with dustcovers.
Torque is higher, faster start-stop speed, good cables (best among OEM decks), very stable when correcting on the platter, less whim than the techs.
I think it was originally developed for Numark, but they didn't want them for some reason. Dumbasses.
Sounds good enough IMO, especially for that price...?739,- a pair, the techs cost me ?569,- each...And even when I can get two MKII's for ?950,- (which is the case - connections) I'd still be tempted to opt for the Acura's.
Yes, gemini are crap ands personally I don't think this idea will catch on for little while yet. I kinda curious how they sound and if the cd player is actually that reliable with all the analog stiff in there. Great concept but I don't think it will catch on tell well in the dj commnity though until one of the big boys put out something like this.
totally agree , CRAP!! but i bet the big one (technics) will come out with something like this and will be the new standard .. hopefully , or probably we can see a technics / pioneer fusion ,
well we all can dream ,
I think the folks at Technics are still licking their wounds after coming out with that terrible CD deck...
Okay peepz I get the point: my decks are the shittiest of the shittiest, I know!! Do I have to sacrifice a goat and spill it's blood all over [ms] to repent on that purchase? It has been more than 3 years ago I made that mistake FFS!
I know ya'll aint bashing at me...but I kinda have gotten to appreciate my baby's.
Take note that with a little adjustment on the tone-arm the Gemini PDT-6000 is by most people considered to be at least as good as the Techs. Read my review on my OEM-TT's in the mercurypromote forum: I still back that up 100%...
This is a great idea, however, from a human factors standpoint, this may be bad. I can only imagine now, espescially if you have a vinyl record sitting on top of the table, how many times people will fuck up by mixing in the wrong track because of the confusion of switching from cd to vinyl on one station. I mean this sounds great and all, but the integration might be too much. I opt to keep actual vinyl tt's and cdj's seperate from each other.
Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
-Bertrand Russell
I don't know why one would want to use this when products like final scratch exist. (lets you play MP3's using your exisiting tables through two "blank" records). If you are going to burn a CD with tracks on it, why not just play the MP3s?
It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment