If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
And the evolution continues...It will always be there, the venue may change, but fear not...it's people like us that are there for the music and the dj.
I know it hurts, but really, it's only Avalon. They've been OVER (pronounced "oh-vah") for a long, long, time!!
I know Lyons et Al wanted to take the name and push it big time (ala MOS, etc.), but once NY & LA "took off" Boston got shit on pretty badly...but now with NY closing, if LA's in the shitter too then that plan is shot to dust.
Albeit, Boston is resurging again with Dave Ralph up there handling a lot now...
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
This is not an inherently bad thing, so maybe we can try and put it like... "thinkin that a prada shirt negates the fact that they are still white trash" or something along those lines...
I really find it important to hate strongly, but hate strongly with the right reasons Okie dokie, my hairly little WOP? Ginuea's gotta holla right, don't he?
prada wearing in that they belive the clothes they wear and the used BMW's they go into debt for are what determine your social standing. mike, you should come visit long island and see how truly bad it is. we invented the fadeup b lowout what the fuck hairstyle here.
imagine a world where the gotti boys are what kids think is the pinnacle of cool.
your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
I grew in in Princeton NJ, my HS was 90210 EAST, and besides better hair and lack of an accent (thank you for that whoever is responsible) it wasn't much better
[quote="rubyraks"]I'll forever remember partying it up in that space when it was limelight in those "decadent" days of the late 80s and 90s. What a crazy ass party they had and so much fun!
amen, brother. the limelight in the 80's was an amazing place. add to that: danceteria! two great party places, where it was all about the music, & nothing else.
My first place for so many things it was.... Like I say everytime that place is vacated, as long as it doesn't turn back into a church, I'm ok with the memories. And should Jeez! and the gang try to make that space a house-a-wership, I'll be glad to regularly desacrate it, its such a quick walk, how can I not?
I'll never forget being the last kid in the place on a monday mornin 7am in January 1998..... ALEX LAUERSTEIN played delirium Silence as the last track and the coat check guy brought my coat to the dancefloor for me.... and had I put it on when I went outside it couldn't have been anything but a burden to me enjoying my sweaty t-shirt in the 26F sunny morning.... it sure was glowey outside and temperature had been temporarily voted off the island for me....
I realized what was actually going on simply from looking at all the people that were looking at me.... lots and lots of them. Aw shucks just a lovely nite/mornin that stands out in my life from that place
Some good stories. But, don't you think we all become jaded and always remember the, "good times", of yesteryear? I really doubt things have changed that much. I think us older, experienced clubbers have changed. I remember when I loved MTV. I barely watch, "The Real World", anymore. Same show, different me.
Some good stories. But, don't you think we all become jaded and always remember the, "good times", of yesteryear? I really doubt things have changed that much. I think us older, experienced clubbers have changed. I remember when I loved MTV. I barely watch, "The Real World", anymore. Same show, different me.
shawn
Well. different ways of experiencing things, more people who dont appreciate the music like we do to get in the way.... and I work at MTV now, and I never watch it, so there you go.... and I am here now, lol.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment