If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
same here...all the "electro" sounding stuff, etc. lost me and a few years ago I was excited each week to hear the digweed sets...and then i wasn't
[/quote]
yeah same here...ELECTRO MUST DIE!!...seems like the majority of people agree that digweed is not nearly as good as he was a few years back. not sure why he is stuck on the electro tip. Now whenever i listen to digweed i always bust out something from 2001-03. It still sounds great and a hell of alot bedder than waht he plays now..
I have yet to hear this July 17th set...Hope its good...will review later...
I for one am not too keen on this electro stuff either. But I must say there are some electro style tunes he's played that I do love.
One that I just can't seem to stop playing is DJ Vince - Superworld (DJ T dub). As played on his Tokyo Diesel party. This track is freakin awsome! Reminds me of the Disco freestyle days....in a way.
Picked it up about 2 weeks ago.
And there are others but I definitley prefer the good ol' dark house prog sets he bagged in the early 2000's.
It's just that producers and or remixers are going a different route perhaps? Not sure where all the good artists of back then have gone. Im sure some are still around.
i'm upset because i don't seem to pass the downloading limit of posts and can't download them from here and have to search the web each week to get them.
i know this is irrelevant to the topic but since someone mentioned about this .. whats the limit of posts for downloading again?? need to know when im golden for downloads so can look forward to it
Well I think it was said before, they (admins) discountinued letting people know what the exact amount is, as it creates lots of spam just to get to the number so they can download.
I can't really speak for the electro stuff as I think it's garbage. But in terms of the trend towards tech-house, it's a funny little genre - when it works, it really works and really messes with your head, when it doesn't it's complete garbage.
More often than not I find it doesnt work, but damn I love it when it does!
"If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
i was going through some of last year's sets earlier today, and they were pretty damn good. i don't think the electro really started deteriorating the sets until about december of 04. I think he's headed back in the right direction though, according to the last two weeks.
^ Oh well what can you. Diggers can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants. Its his show. But yes this weeks mix is good. A little shorter then usual though.
I dont think its disrespectful to play a tune by the guest right before the actual guest comes on. I think it's more of an honor for Digweed to do that.
and he's done it many times before as well. He's also gone the other way, where a guest mix plays a couple of his/her own productions and Digweed plays that exact tune the following week.
I thought it was quality, not all time great, but very listenable; especially compared with the shows that lead to me not bothering with these anymore unless otherwise noted That said, thanks again for the heads up!
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment