I'm real happy to see the Hisham & Dennis tracks on there... Dennis is a cool guy and a great DJ so it's nice to see his hard work paying off...
James Zabiela - Renaissance Presents Utiltiles
Collapse
X
-
Re: James Zabiela - Renaissance Presents Utiltiles
Just got the LP today in the mail!!! Whooooop whoooop!
Comment
-
Tracklist looks really good...
Oh so young and so good... gotta love this kidhttp://chopper.deviantart.com/ | Ignorance is Bliss | http://ffachopper.blogspot.comComment
-
-
Re: James Zabiela - Renaissance Presents Utiltiles
I am really looking forward to seeing James again in Dallas. I think almost everytime I have seen him in Texas I have requested to hear his "wavy gravy" mash up. I would just type it on my phone and show it to him. Sadly the couple times I did do it...he didn't have it. So I will just request it now on this topic instead of making a fool of myself again when I see him in Dallas(LOL, I will probably still request it when I see him, I just want to hear it once live)
Comment
-
Re: James Zabiela - Renaissance Presents Utiltiles
cd 1 is absolutely brilliant
, still to listen to CD2
motherloverComment
-
Re: James Zabiela - Renaissance Presents Utiltiles
Wasn't too optimistic about this release. Thought Sound in Motion was a little bit boring, didn't really feel it. The TL for this though showed a maturity in his taste.
Just finished listening to CD2. Loved it.
What an amazing intro track Hisham Samawi and Dennis Rodgers - Through You, sets a deep melodic mood. MARTIN C - The Escape comes in with a slow stutter of beats and starts the tempo bopping. A definite tinge of acid and electro over the next few tracks with James? signature bleeps and bips to fluctuate the tempo and listener as he feels. This is how electro should sound. And shows Howells CD2 for the bland shell it really was. James doesn't hang on a track to long and seems to have improved on his pacing of tracks from SIM. CD2 reaches its peak on PMT - Gyromancer (Elite Force Mix). Unbelievable and some well timed complementary scratching by JZ really pushes the peak time of this tune. The unwind to the end the disk is sublime and left me delighted, happy and energised. What a difference a few years has made. A subtle (not over using his tricks) more intuitive mix. I for one have been converted. Bring on CD 1! Can't wait to see him at Global Gathering on Sunday, should be amazing!Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: James Zabiela - Renaissance Presents Utiltiles
CD-2 is the real deal here....most I've enjoyed a JZ Mix...great track selection (more towards the breaks and progressive end), brilliantly mixed as always with noticably less of the scratching, bleeps and trickery of other mixes.....................been in constant rotation in my car these last 2 weeks. Simply great!!!
CD-1 I've only listened to once so far...it's more what I was expecting in this release.......not bad, just didn't grab me like CD-2Comment
-
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,208
Posts: 1,238,520
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment