If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Re: Sasha & Digweed play to empty tent (almost)
yeah, something similar happened during the delta heavy tour. they were suppose to play the san diego arena (5000+), but they had to settle for the montage (300+). fuck, did i mind? hell no, it was a great way to see 2 of the world's biggest dj's in an intimate setting.
also, that's a complete 180 from the buenos aires video that was posted.
went to creamfields in 99, was a stellar line up but was way too busy, every 10 seconds you were stopping dancing to let soemone through.And every dj ended with heaven scent!
Then went to gatecrasher millennium, excatly the same although the millennium vibe cancelled all that out.
Wouldnt do another event like that again.
Re: Sasha & Digweed play to empty tent (almost)
Originally posted by chemicalbeavis
first caught Zabiela ... and he didn't fail to abuse my ears with his usual brand of inane scratching and abrasive noise
Totally off the subject, but I had to highlight this These words were echoing in my head yesterday as I struggled to get through his recent Proton Radio set.
Re: Sasha & Digweed play to empty tent (almost)
Kobe my friend , i think we have a similar taste in music , I never liked any of his live sets that I d/led , not a single one , maybe a couple of tracks here and there but not one , I dont feel a vibe with all that scratching he does , but I ve never seen him live , so I think he still deservs that I see him live and then judge once and for all . too much of a hype and a trend I think .
Re: Sasha & Digweed play to empty tent (almost)
Originally posted by Kobe
Originally posted by chemicalbeavis
first caught Zabiela ... and he didn't fail to abuse my ears with his usual brand of inane scratching and abrasive noise
Totally off the subject, but I had to highlight this These words were echoing in my head yesterday as I struggled to get through his recent Proton Radio set.
Re: Sasha & Digweed play to empty tent (almost)
Originally posted by Bululu
Kobe my friend , i think we have a similar taste in music , I never liked any of his live sets that I d/led , not a single one , maybe a couple of tracks here and there but not one , I dont feel a vibe with all that scratching he does , but I ve never seen him live , so I think he still deservs that I see him live and then judge once and for all . too much of a hype and a trend I think .
he can play some nice breakbeat tunes, but that is it :?
nice and humble kid dough
Prog tent had Hybrid, Lawler and a few other top names with Sasha headlining. Must have peaked for sasha with 200 ppl in there. 50 oif them were just sitting chilling at the back of then tent the rest going mental with plenty of dancing space.
The hard house tent btw, was one in one out at 2pm in the afternoon.
Re: Sasha & Digweed play to empty tent (almost)
Originally posted by Bululu
Kobe my friend , i think we have a similar taste in music , I never liked any of his live sets that I d/led , not a single one , maybe a couple of tracks here and there but not one , I dont feel a vibe with all that scratching he does , but I ve never seen him live , so I think he still deservs that I see him live and then judge once and for all . too much of a hype and a trend I think .
Basically the only thing I have ever liked from him was his Guest Mix done on Ableton. Like you I will go see him live to make a final judgement, but all the tricks in the world don't amount to diddly-squat if the music doesn't sound good to my ears.
Re: Sasha & Digweed play to empty tent (almost)
Big shame Chem ... those festivals are shite and nearly always a big disappointment.
Give me an intimate club any day of the week. Get yourself over to Fundacio Ibiza instead - the weather's far better !
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment