I started thinking about it after playing on Google Earth trying to find it. If you have Google Earth installed, click the following link and open it with Google Earth. It's a high-quality, black & white image overlay of the disaster site... you can find the city of Chernobyl (in very low detail) if you follow the road south against the shore where the 3 roads all cross each other.
Ghost Town
Collapse
X
-
Ghost Town
This is a repost (that I can't find with search) but I still find it an EXTREMELY interesting read. Do yourselves a favor and spend the 20 minutes needed to read it.
I started thinking about it after playing on Google Earth trying to find it. If you have Google Earth installed, click the following link and open it with Google Earth. It's a high-quality, black & white image overlay of the disaster site... you can find the city of Chernobyl (in very low detail) if you follow the road south against the shore where the 3 roads all cross each other.Tags: None -
-
Re: Ghost Town
this is no hoax. i saw this story, and her going through her whole journal on tv a few years back. its amazing that after all this time there is still very high levels of radiation.
-good information to share picklemonkey
once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time
Comment
-
Re: Ghost Town
he actually went there? wouldnt he get exposed to radiation...??
good read/haunting pics.
f.Comment
-
Re: Ghost Town
its 'she', and ya she did go there. radiation levels were really high compared to a normal environment, which is why she doesnt go for long. I imagine she takes iodine pills before she goes, helps protect from the radiation.
there's no way those pictures are fake. i speak ukranian...all those signs are from chernobyl.Comment
-
Re: Ghost Town
I saw an episode on the History / Discovery channel about this...real interesting. They went through the whole timeline of what happened...
Horror Movie to be Filmed in Chernobyl
The former Chernobyl nuclear power plant has been chosen as a location for the horror movie Return of the Living Dead 4: Necropolis, a story about bloodthirsty zombies, reports Obozrevatel.
A film crew has already received permission to shoot as close as several hundred meters away from the site where a reactor blew up in 1986.
Producer Anatoly Fradis said, "It's a sacred place. But we are shooting a movie here and locals will be financially compensated. But there are certain areas that we will not use because people were hurt there, and some died."
Meanwhile, producers and the director have already visited Chernobyl. They are aware that there is still about 90 tons of nuclear fuel stored there. The visitors were amazed by the animal life they encountered in the vicinity of the power plant - 30kg catfish and immensely huge deer that according to one witness were almost the size of an elephant.
The visitors agreed that Chernobyl is "a real city of ghosts."Comment
-
Re: Ghost Town
were there monkeys flying out of the deers' asses?The visitors were amazed by the animal life they encountered in the vicinity of the power plant - 30kg catfish and immensely huge deer that according to one witness were almost the size of an elephant.
I'd defo love to see this video if it comes out... any idea where I can find production info/Comment
-

you probably won't believe it, but I totally missed the sentence about it being a horror movie... i started reading it at "A film crew has already received permission." I thought it was going to be a documentary on-site
regardless, I'd still like to see the movie. It'd at least be worth seeing the scenery for two hoursComment
-
A 2 hour zombie movie made by a cast and crew who agree to film on site in the most toxic spot on the planet, and feel as though they can supplement the still very fresh and by no stretch of the imagination is there an end in sight. at first I didnt think much of that, but the number of people that must have some SERIOUS physical damage (just enough to not have killed them and downwards in severity I guess) I just can't imagine a horror film budget with a contingency built in for a donation even being able to help more than 5% of those affected... and from what I gather, the area wont be "ready" for revitalization of any kind during the lifetime of anyone reading this post.Originally posted by picklemonkey
you probably won't believe it, but I totally missed the sentence about it being a horror movie... i started reading it at "A film crew has already received permission." I thought it was going to be a documentary on-site
regardless, I'd still like to see the movie. It'd at least be worth seeing the scenery for two hours
? "They are aware that there is still about 90 tons of nuclear fuel stored there." ?
hmmmmm... I did some research to clarify what exactly is still in storage....
-some stats i found-
"During this period*, 4 EBq (4?1018 Bq) activity was released to the air, which was 400 times the amount of radioactivity released during the Hiroshima atomic bomb explosion."
*(the 10 days before they could get anywhere near the "fire" to start putting the 3000F meltdown out, this is different than radioactivity, but in scientific terms this is known as "Fucking Hot")
and here is what a research dig results in...


Comment
-
Re: Ghost Town
the site wont be inhabitable for 10,000 years ++. And the iodine tablets will help with the thyroid cancer. its the cancer of everything else you've gotta worry about.Comment
-
Re: Ghost Town
Women on crotch rockets are hot regardless of whether they have monkeys flying out of their asses or not.It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment