Its out next week! come on guys you can wait!
Richie Hawtin "Transitions"
Collapse
X
-
Re: Richie Hawtin "Transitions"
its out monday in UK!
I know i can wait for it, i just always wonder how people get hold of these things so early.. really annoys me especially if they just downloaded it from soulseek or something. Fair enough if your lucky enough to be sent a promo thoughComment
-
Re: Richie Hawtin "Transitions"
i want i want i want
the dvd sounds pretty wicked.
last time i saw hawtin he def played some almost crossover material, so it'll be interesting to see what this new album brings.Comment
-
Re: Richie Hawtin "Transitions"
Sounds fantastic... Hawtin is a really creative producer and DJ, and I've been looking forward to have some nice electronic music + visuals to play in my new 5.1 sound system... the neighbours are gonna feel itNicomaxComment
-
Re: Richie Hawtin "Transitions"
Hawtin interview a friend of mine did.. Can't wait to see him tomorrow evening.
Providing Aural SatisfactionComment
-
Re: Richie Hawtin "Transitions"
That was a really interesting interview. It's too bad I can't make it to Hawtin tomorrow.Comment
-
Re: Richie Hawtin "Transitions"
One thing i have a problem with is Hawtin taking other artists records, cutting loops out of them, and then calling those loops his own. "Richie Hawtin - Etc etc"
Make your own, or give the artists credit. I guess since he's bigger than life tho he can get away with it. I'm sure it's a fantastic cd, and i can't wait to pick it up, i just don't agree with holier than thou hawtin and him taking advantage of his legendary status doing something like this.
If you don't know what i'm talking about, check the back of the cd when you get it.Comment
-
Re: Richie Hawtin "Transitions"
^ I guess I kinda see your point. But I am sure the artist are getting something for it. If this was a less known dj that did, he would get sued or something. But it is richie hawtin so I guess anything can go.Common Sense is not Common at all.Comment
-
Re: Richie Hawtin "Transitions"
On the DVD they still get their proper credit, you'll see the name of the sample/loop/composition that is being used and who the artist is... Also the cover sleeve that is composed of his face shows every artist on the cd if you look closely. Inner notes of album cover also give you a break down of what sample/loop/composition is used to make up the Hawtin track title.Originally posted by rewing3^ I guess I kinda see your point. But I am sure the artist are getting something for it. If this was a less known dj that did, he would get sued or something. But it is richie hawtin so I guess anything can go.
For example:
12) Minimal Master
Akkiko = Like Ancient
Concept 1:96 - 02:04
Ricardo Villalobos - A4
Robert Hood - Home
The Kooky Scientist - Organ Donor
But I get Jenks point.. Then again if the original artist doesn't mind, no one else should.Providing Aural SatisfactionComment
-
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment