have you ever seen Luke Fair live?
Collapse
X
-
Re: have you ever seen Luke Fair live?
thats just because of the bartenders they have...Originally posted by palmer -
Re: have you ever seen Luke Fair live?
he's definetly one of my favorite dj's if not my favorite. i've only seen him live twice. (once opening for danny howells in montreal a few years back, and once opening for desyn in his home town of toronto). both shows were amazing, he really knows how to read a crowd and has a blast doing it. i always have high expectations for luke and he usually superceeds them. you always know that you are going to get something different from him with every set he plays. he edits most of the tracks he plays as well, so even if you know the track he is going to have his own spin on it. big ups to luke and keep up the good work. cant wait to see him live in toronto again.
-ryanFly? Yes. Land? No!Comment
-
Re: have you ever seen Luke Fair live?
if you haven't heard him get his mix in Promos and listen to that.. great.. and yes I have seen him 5 times.. solid dj.Comment
-
Re: have you ever seen Luke Fair live?
Glad to see so many people like Luke Fair and not just me. I've seen him DJ a few times opening for Sasha or Digweed or at WMC. And each time I've seen him, I've been impressed.
What impresses me the most about him is his choice of music. He doesn't play the newest tracks on the biggest labels, but a disco house style that works well. He does lots of re-edits that work well in his sets. I also really like his original productions which you don't hear that often in his sets. And what about his remix of Some Velvet Morning that Sasha played out? All around good DJ and producer.
I recall Digweed even saying on his Kiss 100 show that Fair was one of his favorite DJs.Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon BonaparteComment
-
Re: have you ever seen Luke Fair live?
I love that he re-edits alot of his tracks. I think that says alot about a DJ when they spend that much time out of the club to create such a fantastic sound. I've seen him twice this past year, once opening for Digweed and once at an afterhours in Edmonton. Both times were really quite enjoyable. Would still love to see him headline a regular show though.Groove is in the airComment
-
Re: have you ever seen Luke Fair live?
I have seen him open for diggers twice now and both times he ripped it up, he primed the Kool Haus perfect for diggers had the place in frenzy and then came back on after and killed it very solid. but I need to see him headline that would be sickComment
-
Re: have you ever seen Luke Fair live?
I saw him a few years back at Bedrock in Birmingham. He came on after Digweed to play 4-6 and I didn't like it. Much too hard for me, I quite like some of the warm up mixes of his that i've heardmotherloverComment
-
Re: have you ever seen Luke Fair live?
Luke is wicked! Also saw him open for Digweed this past year, where he certainly did not suck. Best was hearing him play @ The Waldorf Hotel in Van over the summer. Was an 80's Miami themed party and it was easily one of the best parties i've ever been to.
Solid records & slick mixes to boot. Guy definitely knows what's going on.Comment
-
Re: have you ever seen Luke Fair live?
yeah that set is tightOriginally posted by 3d_1200my favorite luke fair set still has to be that spring 2004 promo. still a siiick set.
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment