If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
this is sick and we cant even blame to neo con, its the uber left here.
NJ govener has already instituted a programme where HS athletes are drug tested when in sports programmes that make it to playoffs.... OK i can see where they are going here.
BUT
not he wants to push for a bill where all HS students are randomly drug tested and wants penalties for those who fail......
can we say hello to mccarthyism appllied to drugs ???
your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
What an idiot btw...can you actually believe that people who usually have had their taste of a blunt in the old days propose this kind of fascistic legislation?
Wait... your ok with "random" searches of persons and wiretaps and the like but you have a problem with this?
And just so you know where I stand in this one, I'm against it (the drug testing). I would go so far as to say I think employeers shouldn't be able to drug test you for your activities outside of work. Though if your caught being high at work thats a whole different ballgame.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin
I agree on drug testing while on the job, but for me nobody has anything to do with what you do in your free time. Not a goddamn thing. If this kind of legislation were to be adopted, the door would be open for a whole range of inquiries that would probe into your private life, meaning you don't have one anymore. There's a lot of factors that determine someone's performance on only on work, but in general, and it's called 'life' and how you lead it. And that is MY business.
Drugs to a large degree screwed up my head while I was developing the mental skills to study and further my education early on in life for me. I started smokin pot at the age of 14, and it led to many other experiments. Though fun and I enjoyed, it greatly took away from what was really important in life, education and planning for a future.
So, with that said, maybe if I had been tested early on by my employer, maybe it would have awakened me to the reality of how bad drugs are for kids in the developemental stages of life.
Now for adults, maybe a different story all together. But, drug users tend to be more selfish overall, and less concerned about the job or more important aspects of life. I say that, because it was true for me, maybe not you in general guys, but for me it was true. So please don't take offense to my comment here. All people are not the same. I'm speaking in generalities.
About young users: do you think it's the responsability of the government, or should a good eduction from your parents take care of that? I advocate the latter option I gotta say...good parents make a responsible kid. This may not be true in 100% of the cases of course, but damn...when the govt is going to take over certain aspects of raising a kid, there's something fundamentally wrong with the knowledge and skills of parents today IMO.
Wait... your ok with "random" searches of persons and wiretaps and the like but you have a problem with this?
And just so you know where I stand in this one, I'm against it (the drug testing). I would go so far as to say I think employeers shouldn't be able to drug test you for your activities outside of work. Though if your caught being high at work thats a whole different ballgame.
im not OK with random searches or wiretaps.
im ok with the FBI or CIA thinking that someone is planning to help with an attack and examining that person like a 14 discovering pussy. im also OK with cops installing cameras in a train station to keep thier eyes peeled, they are not breaking into your house and putting cameras there.
also, in regards to drugs, i did them for a long time, i still might pop a pill once a year for the special occasion, but i am ALL for drug testing at work. most drug tests dont test what you do, they test how much you do. i dont want a crackhead working for me. if my secretary smokes a joint once in awhile, i dont care. also, if you have a job that tests for drugs and you dont agree, QUIT. its your option. they are paying you and expect some things out of you. they arent holding you hostage.
your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
The biggest problem with most drugs is that they do indeed harm your productivity, 'sharpness' and in the end the quality of your work. If I expect from a company to pay me a decent salary and treat me well, they can at least expect some decent work from me too of course.
Works both ways, so I am not against testing on drugs at work, though I am even more in favour of mandatory tests in high-risk jobs, such as what my dad does: he's a medic on the biggest crane vessels in the world. I've heard enough horrific accident stories from him to be convinced that offshore industry is one of the employment sectors where testing should be mandatory to ensure safety of everyone involved.
About young users: do you think it's the responsability of the government, or should a good eduction from your parents take care of that? I advocate the latter option I gotta say...good parents make a responsible kid. This may not be true in 100% of the cases of course, but damn...when the govt is going to take over certain aspects of raising a kid, there's something fundamentally wrong with the knowledge and skills of parents today IMO.
indeed...and even though it's 1 state now, what's to say others won't utilize this as a precedent...then things would really start to get fucked.
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
also, in regards to drugs, i did them for a long time, i still might pop a pill once a year for the special occasion, but i am ALL for drug testing at work. most drug tests dont test what you do, they test how much you do. i dont want a crackhead working for me. if my secretary smokes a joint once in awhile, i dont care. also, if you have a job that tests for drugs and you dont agree, QUIT. its your option. they are paying you and expect some things out of you. they arent holding you hostage.
I see your point but they pay you for your time on the job, not off. And BTW I thought your smoked quite frequently (after work).
And Yao, for me I just can't smoke the green stuff because it indeed does dull me down for a couple weeks afterwards. However I've found drugs like E to have the reverse effect once they wear off. For example, I lack the creativity that others seem to be born with. It has allowed me to think a bit more abstractly, outside the box, without sacrificing intelligence. I was even told on a salary review that my communication skills improved dramatically. That was the year I first swallowed a pill. Before that I had low self confidence and was very limited in my conversations with strangers. I know that drugs work differently on every person so its hard to apply blanket policies. I just believe your time is just that and unless they can show losses in performance, attendance or other measurements, they're poking around in the wrong area. Believe me, with or without drugs in my life I've managed to out perform every one of my co-workers in every possible way- at every job I've ever had.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin
That makes you an exception my friend, and though I believe there are more of you out there, in the majority of the cases drugs affect a person's functioning in a negative way...Now, i have to say that I'm all for giving someone a warning first, and then if he/she repeats, fire them. People should get the chance to make amends IMO, but if then they don't: off they go.
In your case, all I can say is: just do it when it's not going to cause any problems for ya, and I'm glad it changed you for the good man
They should random or check all high school athletes for drugs. They do this at the professional and college level, so why would the high school kids be treated differently? Many kids in high school sports are using supplements and steroids to enhance their performance. They could potentially be hurting themselves at a really young age.
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
That is a totally different ball game from smoking a joint. But I agree that there should be more control on the use of steroïds and supplements, because that is one big polluted market man...anyone who has been training in a gym for a while will know that.
I've had training from our national bodybuilding champions (-18 yrs and +18 yrs, both named Walter, haha), and the things I've heard.....also one guy I knew at the gym almost died from a tumor on his liver, simply from using so much shit. He was totally opposed to that stuff after he had recovered, and also had become a much more sympathetic person I might add...
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment