I like paul okenfold is nice is some kind of chill out
Paul Oakenfold
Collapse
X
-
Re: Paul Oakenfold
Having not seen him in his prime, I would definitely see him at least once.Comment
-
Re: Paul Oakenfold
Couldn't have said it better myself.Originally posted by CSquarejust expect at least 10 jesus poses within the first hour of his set.
on any given night, there are hundreds of locals in any town that will blow away oakenfold.
I saw him in '01 or '02. He was good, nothing more nothing less. I've heard countless sets by local DJ's that were better. The thing with Oakenfold is that it's not really about cutting edge music. It's more about newbie ravers getting a superstar DJ rave experience.Comment
-
Re: Paul Oakenfold
thats where all the money is nowadays. teenagers or oldies newbies looking for a DJ with a big reputation and don't necessarily know alot about dance music, perhaps don't even care and just want a drum beat all night to dance to.Originally posted by weswoodCouldn't have said it better myself.
I saw him in '01 or '02. He was good, nothing more nothing less. I've heard countless sets by local DJ's that were better. The thing with Oakenfold is that it's not really about cutting edge music. It's more about newbie ravers getting a superstar DJ rave experience.Comment
-
Re: Paul Oakenfold
I tend to agree. I don't think it's really a bad thing either. I like playing to audiences that don't know a lot about the music because they're just there to dance and party until ridiculous hours of the morning. Playing to clued up audiences gets tedious. Those nights are usually a small audience of chin-stroking assholes sitting around pointing out the trainwrecks, the muddy mixes, and the dated tracks.Originally posted by sonothats where all the money is nowadays. teenagers or oldies newbies looking for a DJ with a big reputation and don't necessarily know alot about dance music, perhaps don't even care and just want a drum beat all night to dance to.
Being accessible doesn't always mean that you have to sell out.Comment
-
Re: Paul Oakenfold
Originally posted by Jibgollybad mixing and enough ego to make james lavelle look like a rock in a forest.
Originally posted by CSquarejust expect at least 10 jesus poses within the first hour of his set.
Push the envelope, watch it bend.
www.kansascitytechno.com
Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011Comment
-
Re: Paul Oakenfold
^^^^^^^^ so true........Comment
-
Re: Paul Oakenfold
Are you talking about NYE 2006?
Oakenfold and Lawler 14 hours of music at the bell center in Montreal - $120 bucks
Montreal will be rocking for sure nye.
Sharam and Danny Howells
red light club will have armin van buuren
i would go with aria - just my opinionComment
-
Re: Paul Oakenfold
Not a big Oakenfold fan. My standards may be high, but I expect dj's to be able to match beats. Older stuff wasn't bad. There comes a time in some people's careers where their ego gets larger than what they are doing. I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a pencil than have to watch him spin.Comment
-
Re: Paul Oakenfold
You made me choke on my coffee Jibs, LMFAO. This is one of the funniest anti Oakie/Tiesticle threads eva. Made my day!Originally posted by Jibgollyif you like what he plays go see him. if you're unsure of what he plays dont go see him.
Ra'ul Strokenpole is hardly worth any cover fee imo.
bad mixing and enough ego to make james lavelle look like a rock in a forest.Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.
There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -HemingwayComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment