mixing.........party speakers.
Collapse
X
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
You may, I say MAY be able to find some of the older (grey) 15" JBL powered Eon's for that price... There are also low cost alternatives from Event, American Audio and probably several others for all I know... I'm way out of the loop on that stuff anymore.Originally posted by phoenixbass"only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
-
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
get yourself some speakers made about 5-6 years ago. then maybe you can get them for 150.Originally posted by phoenixbassI'm just looking to spend like $100-150 each for some 12s, and ideas ?
thanks !Comment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
these phoenix: http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-EON-15-power...QQcmdZViewItem
I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find them in your area.... there's quite a few more of these on ebay as well...."only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
Phoenix, don't get all too worked up about those brands: if you got the dollars for it you'd be well off buying them, but if you don't, simply try to find the best stuff available within you budget. Sometimes you'll just have to compromise, sad but true. I got a pair of second hand speakers, no brand, but so far they've done the job pretty fucking nicely. Everyone is jealous about them. If you're not a rich mofo, trust your ears and guts bro.Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.
There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -HemingwayComment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
Thanks Yao.... and good point. We sometimes get so wrapped up in a name that we don't look for other alternatives that will work just a well.Originally posted by YaoPhoenix, don't get all too worked up about those brands: if you got the dollars for it you'd be well off buying them, but if you don't, simply try to find the best stuff available within you budget. Sometimes you'll just have to compromise, sad but true. I got a pair of second hand speakers, no brand, but so far they've done the job pretty fucking nicely. Everyone is jealous about them. If you're not a rich mofo, trust your ears and guts bro."only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
I agree with what you guys are saying about the name brands.........these don't look bad, http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--YAMBR12 how is the frequency response on these, would they give deep bass ?
thanksComment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
You need an amp to power them... The speakers we've been talking about are self-powered. So if you got two of these and a decent amp to power them your spending around $700.00. I'll do some research and post some recommendations here..."only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
Some speakers and setups... I left out the JBL and Mackie's since they're out of your price range. You should be able to find something here.... Good luck.
Your destination for professional AV technology. From premium sound, video and lighting systems to top-tier DJ equipment, explore high-end solutions trusted worldwide.
Your destination for professional AV technology. From premium sound, video and lighting systems to top-tier DJ equipment, explore high-end solutions trusted worldwide.
Your destination for professional AV technology. From premium sound, video and lighting systems to top-tier DJ equipment, explore high-end solutions trusted worldwide.
Your destination for professional AV technology. From premium sound, video and lighting systems to top-tier DJ equipment, explore high-end solutions trusted worldwide.
Your destination for professional AV technology. From premium sound, video and lighting systems to top-tier DJ equipment, explore high-end solutions trusted worldwide.
Your destination for professional AV technology. From premium sound, video and lighting systems to top-tier DJ equipment, explore high-end solutions trusted worldwide.
Your destination for professional AV technology. From premium sound, video and lighting systems to top-tier DJ equipment, explore high-end solutions trusted worldwide.
Your destination for professional AV technology. From premium sound, video and lighting systems to top-tier DJ equipment, explore high-end solutions trusted worldwide.
"only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
thanks...those are ok, but I think i'm really looking for some used 12" home theatre speakers..Comment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
Originally posted by phoenixbassthanks...those are ok, but I think i'm really looking for some used 12" home theatre speakers..
What? Are you DJ'ing or watching movies?
"only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
this is what I mean...thanks
Comment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
just sucks how expensive shipping is on speakers !... guess I'll wait till im back in SFComment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
first you wanted party speakers now you want home theater speakers?Comment
-
Re: mixing.........party speakers.
Don't get me started......Originally posted by jeffrey collinsfirst you wanted party speakers now you want home theater speakers?
"only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment