If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Robert Fripp was on the Microsoft campus a few weeks back. He's the famous guitarist and composer, known for his founding role in the band King Crimson. Charles Torre (a big King Crimson fan) was invited over by Steve Ball to film the session.
So, what was he doing on campus? Recording the various sounds we'll all hear in Windows Vista.
This is a different kind of Channel 9 video. We needed to be quiet during the recording session so you can just follow along. It's a little audio preview of what Windows Vista will sound like.
Sorry it's a little dark. It was a dark room! Hope you enjoy it.
One of the very first things I do in windows is get rid of all that crap... If I want and/or need a Windham Hill musical moment I'll pop in George Winston.. Just things that slow an OS down along with backrounds, screen savers etc.... But I do appreciate the share mate. Unfortunately it just makes me realize how poor I actually am....
"only dead fish swim with the stream..."Malcolm Muggeridge
Dude it's ROBERT FRIPP!!! one of the BEST guitarists EVER!!! I love watching videos of him. THANK YOU so much Palmer for putting this up so that I would know about it.
Dude it's ROBERT FRIPP!!! one of the BEST guitarists EVER!!! I love watching videos of him. THANK YOU so much Palmer for putting this up so that I would know about it.
I know it's Robert Fripp..... My point is what the hell does that have to do with an OS? I know we both love music but I'm not going to be turning my computer on and off just so I can hear RF play the Vista opening tune..... My point is it's frivolous "toot our own horn" crap. What they should do is take the needless amount of money I imagine they're spending for Mr. Fripp, the production, marketing and distribution of this self serving video and use it towards making Windows less prone to viruses, trojans and other security issues....
"only dead fish swim with the stream..."Malcolm Muggeridge
I just love watching videos of Fripp. Screw the music for the Vista. I'll turn that off as well. I get tired to those little trinkets of songs in my computer that I don't want.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment