If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Mike, thanks for the kind words about my set bro. I'm in the process of downloading your set now.
I guess for smokers you have to be a bit creative nowadays to find ways to smoke inside. I'm really suprised that no one smelled it and busted ya. Way to go. Damn the Man!!!
There is no difinitive climax per se, but the end does bang bang bang and then that fucking wonderful skylark track chills things out while defintely staying edgy,,, I was debating as I neared the 1 hour mark if I wanted it to be an hour long set, a fit on a CD length set, or "other" and I was feeling the 1 hour vibe at the time.....
As I have said in the past, unless otherwise noted, I don't make mixes with a dancefloor in mind (segments yes of course, but they usually manifest themselves subconciously (or unintentionally?)) and I became very aware of why when I played at Avalon a few weeks back in the Spider Club room (the old Giger Room).
When I listened to the set afterwards it didn't seem to make sense to me somehow.... Moments that at the time sounded fucking hot and really had some edgy dynamics to them, or progressions and transitions that had a bang or pop to them in the club... they just didnt translate to headphones or a home system (a good and loud one too) in a way that I heard and got as feedback from some folks in the club... I think that I was really 'tweaking' the levels for the space constantly and a little obsessively...
which brings me to my point that is this... I make my mixes with headphones and picture them being heard in headphones and ipods (or a car occaisionally) and the tone and momentum really tend to keep veering back towards perhaps an aura of calm/pretty, or at least just not getting into big room bangers all that much... I pull tracks aside that I love but then they never fit into where I seem to be going, and at the club I pulled a lot of them off the backburner unexpectedly and they worked in that setting and my mindset.
Writing this post has enlightened me into some really great revelations of self awareness personally and musically/artisiticly...
Does anyone have any similar thoughts or contrasting that you can relate to any of my ramble ramble? And oh yeah, a tracklist!
Oh ?eah, I'm way the fuck out there a lot of the time...
It makes up for times where I have to reel myself in and speak to people in their "earth language" and remember things like not swearing profusely and the fact that there are people who get "offended" and stuff like that. Fortunately I work with likeminded openly retarded individuals for the most part, so my "quirks" are endearing Vs. scary
The camera was literally above our heads and we were hiding behind a curtain that was hung to hide the wall behind it... So the camera is pushing the curtain back to get wide enough a shot, hence the ear in the eyeball... my little green face removed from where?
Here is another shot from a different angle to show what I mean...
Looks like a tight fit behind the curtain.
I can't find the dL link, little green face you mentioned on the opening to the thread. Is it still there, or removed, or is my system ghosting the dL link (green face mentioned)?
Just right click on my banner in my signature, or the image in my first post, or goto http://www.illcutyourface.com/mikesieben/ and the mix is titled New Years disillusion
Oh ?eah, I'm way the fuck out there a lot of the time...
It makes up for times where I have to reel myself in and speak to people in their "earth language" and remember things like not swearing profusely and the fact that there are people who get "offended" and stuff like that. Fortunately I work with likeminded openly retarded individuals for the most part, so my "quirks" are endearing Vs. scary
Umkay?
Luckily I too have been able to have like minded wackos around me for my firends too. If I do one of my impersonations and someone just doesn't get it...they need to go away.
I love you for having just said that Jeffrey. I am a firm believer in that if you can't pick up on the fact that I am obviously aware what I just said is either psychotic and or severely twisted and fucked, then you're most likely incredibly amatuer and still haven't even learned how to play along and first impressions are so important.
I love you for having just said that Jeffrey. I am a firm believer in that if you can't pick up on the fact that I am obviously aware what I just said is either psychotic and or severely twisted and fucked, then you're most likely incredibly amatuer and still haven't even learned how to play along and first impressions are so important.
Yeah, I like it when my friends understand just how strange I am and they still wanna hang out with me. I dig it even more when certain friends are just as nutty as you and will play right along with your insanity.
Just right click on my banner in my signature, or the image in my first post, or goto http://www.illcutyourface.com/mikesieben/ and the mix is titled New Years disillusion
Thanks for the link, got it loading now.
I couldn't see the banner, I think it was because I had your IP address blocked partially in my firewall. I wasn't sure what 'illcutyouface' was, now I know and its open.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment