Thats some good shit pickle....nicely done!
Prog-House DJ
Collapse
X
-
Re: Prog-House DJ
Originally posted by picklemonkey
Thats some good shit pickle....nicely done!
Push the envelope, watch it bend.
www.kansascitytechno.com
Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011 -
Re: Prog-House DJ
every one of those in the list were/are quality imo. havne't listened to most in a long time, but i'd have no problem listening. good stuff.Comment
-
Re: Prog-House DJ
I'm not a damn raver. I've been to three in my life and stayed the whoe time for 0. Even the one I played at. I'm a clubber.Originally posted by Koberaver, imo
Comment
-
Re: Prog-House DJ
D:Fuse was my first introduction to prog house. He always tends to strike a balance between prog and trance in his sets. Also Sasha Ibiza Disc 2 really got me into prog. I burned that CD for Fibonacci Sequence, every trance fan loves that song, and I didn't like the rest of the tracks, but after a few months I learned to like everything on there.Comment
-
Re: Prog-House DJ
Fibonacci Sequence is about to come back around soon. Luke Dzirek or how you spell his name. I hear he remixed it and it sounds pretty sweet.Comment
-
Re: Prog-House DJ
Originally posted by DancingQueenIf you were introducing this style to someone fairly new to the scene, who would you recommend? The person is coming from a pretty strong Trance background and wanting to try out new things.
HERNAN CATTANEOComment
-
-
Re: Prog-House DJ
I had that reverse effect...thought trance was too fast and cheezyOriginally posted by jeffrey collinssometimes it's really hard to have to get into the slower rhythms of prog house after trance. It took me a LONG time to get into digweeds LA GU as it was so slow. I always thought that I'd get a cd player with a pitch control on it just so I could speed that cd up to where I could groove to it. Now I can listen to it just fine. Things like that just take time.
...now I can appreciate that in its own right as well as d'n'b...just proper mindet and open-mindedness are the 2 keys...hell it's all virtually written the same, just w/different tempos.
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: Prog-House DJ
Absolutely nothing wrong with the dirty, sexy, tribal house.....the dirtier the better I say!!Originally posted by jarble187Whats wrong with dirty, sexy, tribal house? Ive heard Creamer play excellent sets. What makes the the worst possible example? Maybe you meant Teisto or Smokenpole.
mmmmmmmm
sigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
Re: Prog-House DJ
if this person is coming from trance, well, assuming he's coming from pvd, tiesto, avb-type music, it might be helpful to "ease" his way into prog house... so i would think starting w/ more melodic, uplifting prog might work? i can think of markus shultz (when he's not spinning total trance) and sasha to name a couple.
or maybe the better approach is to throw him right into high-energy, fast prog like those from peaktime digweed (find older livesets) and show him that trance isn't the only genre that is fast and full of energy. to a trance fan, prog is usually very slow and boring so if you go w/ satoshi, hernan, sander type vibe, you might lose him (what i mean by that is that they all play a very "paced" set, which is much slower tempo than trance and could seem to lack that high adrenaline energy to trance fans). play something like jvm and he'll yawn his way out of prog house. of course, us digweed fans know that there's nothing like hearing a live "evil" digweed set.
oh and yeah, i agree. anthony pappa is kickass. so does inkfish, thomas penton, and derek howell. throw in chris & kai.
and oh, i forgot to say... give him a copy of gu013 sasha ibiza discs 1,2. yeah it's old but that basically sums it up. i've never had anyone tell me they don't like it. everyone new to prog house loves xpander.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment