^ the ultimate outdoor party tool. i wonder if i could turn it into a meth lab?
Pioneer Djm-800
Collapse
X
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
amen! however the djm 800 does look great.Originally posted by geoffgulleyStill not enough to make me ditch an Allen & Heath....I live for the look on your face....Comment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
So sweet...oh man...want some pioneer cdj's with theseMusic...it?s one of the greatest gifts from God that embraces our sorrows, relieves our worries, strengthens our mind, encourages our soul, builds our character, intrigues our wisdom and challenges our experiences. Music is a way of life.Comment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
I've never heard a difference between the two. Does someone have a set recorded using a Pioneer mixer then an Allen & Heath mixer or at least something where I can hear the difference?I am no cyberwhore...
http://www.myspace.com/zendobroComment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
Wow. that's a strange question. Would anyone actually spend the time to really find that out by doing a replica set on two different mixers.
I know I'm playing it Pittsburgh this next Saturday after the Paolo Mojo night and It'll be my second time on 1000's and my first time on a Xone 62. I'm really excited and a bit nervous!Comment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
Yeah. Right now I have a Pioneer mixer and there's no motivation for me to change to an A&H aside from everyone saying that they sound better.I am no cyberwhore...
http://www.myspace.com/zendobroComment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
Zendo next time I have one of my friends over that has a 500 I will have him bring it over. I won't do a whole set but will do a track so you can see the difference. Although I can tell you already that there will be some inconsistancies because the A&H have a line level record out where, IIRC, the 500's don't and you actually have to adjust the master level to a reasonable level but at the same time try not to be too hot."They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Comment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
for that price initially, go with A&H...or hold out till later this year and it will inevitably drop down in price a bit...FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
or Rane for that matter, however I do love the DJM-600 so I'm guessing there is some improvments this time around and all in all a quality mixer.Originally posted by geoffgulleyStill not enough to make me ditch an Allen & Heath....
I'm consider going to Serato and Live though, so the Xone92 just makes sense for me.Mix selection:
less then more... (no right clicky) minimal/tech-house
Elektrokokewhore mix House/Elektro
Be my friend:
myspace
GIGS:
July 16th LeSouk: Sunday Sessions my B-day Jam w/Swamy, Astro&Glyde, Dill & guests 2pm-?????
July 14th -Sullivan Room let the birfday madness begin
Comment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
Also for those of us on a little tighter budget but are still dieing for something new there is this!
If you folks want to see both the 400 and the 800 in action.
Too bad I just bought a brand new 300. I may still trade up!
Comment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
Damn that looks fine, just one problem though..... on the left they have "Sound Color FX"Originally posted by fire228NICE

Should be "Sound ColoUr FX"
/runs
Comment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
Originally posted by Jibgolly^ the ultimate outdoor party tool. i wonder if i could turn it into a meth lab?
Comment
-
Re: Pioneer Djm-800
I played with this last month, it's pretty cool. It feels exactly like the 600, as far as build quality and feedback of the faders/pots.
I have to reiterate, the Allen & Heath mixers are much better. I personally think they sound better, having used the 600 a lot and the xone 62, the 62 sounds clearer, cleaner. I also know that most of the clubs in the LA area now use a xone as their preferred choice.
I used to go to this club in chicago, and they had a xone 62 set up. One week, Lee Burridge came and brought the Xone V6, and I could absolutely tell the difference: it was the best it ever sounded there.
But yea, the 92, I have never been lucky enought to use, except for about 5 minutes last month, and it was sweet too. The knobs and faders just have a 'feel' that is better, it's hard to describe, but you feel like you can be more precise with your adjustments.
In other new, I want to buy a Xone 3d and a VF-1!!Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment