If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Like I said, I purchased the iPod 60Gb last week. Its a hell of a gadget. I have a couple of issues though. Namely iTunes - what the hell is that all about - seems hard to organise your folders in any decent way - the iRiver way sounds a lot better!
The itrip is on its way as well!Cant be driving around listening to it in my ears!
Nothing beats my 30GB Video iPod in Black. Playing video on iPods is going to be HUGE!
You can say what you want but Apple products are better designed than anything out there
I usually don't buy mp3 players to look at them... and btw ipod design is cheeeeezy & childish the sound is quite awful and after a couple months I still didn't get used to itunes.
fat filename system all the way and why only h320 jib when there is 340
I saw get the Sony HD3 or HD5. both are atleast 20GB and sound quality is much better than ipod. not sure about the sound in iriver. the sony software is alittle difficult but the main priority should be sound. go to cnet.com and get their educated opinion
I bought a green iPod mini 2 months ago in the states and loving it! 4 gig's, mor than enough for me. I'll update it once in a while with some new livesets and albums.
Just bought an iTrip & car charger on ebay for 25 euro's... this way I can stream my iPod sound to any FM receiver (any car radio or stereo system)...
will report about the quality when it has arrived!
So what is the deal with iTunes and the way it organizes your folders? This is one of the biggest complaints I've seen, although I've not seen it with my own eyes so don't fully understand.
Has anyone found a way around it? I'd say most of us have all our music organized into folders that make sense to us - how do you maintain that and still use iTunes?
I'm in the same boat....mp3 player, which one. I have decided that iPod will likely be it. Probably the 60GIG. But something else threw itself into the equation... Portable satellite radio.
I've been surfing aroud sirius and xm and I do have to say, I'm a little....no, I'm quite disapointed with the electronic selection. Are that much of a rare breed or are we catching on.....
^ with regard to iTunes I see it like this - say I wanna put my GU collection on my iPod - I put the Cd in the computer (with itunes already open) iTunes will recongise it for what it is i.e. GU 9 san fran. I then create a playlist called GU9 Sasha San Fran, and drag the actual cd icon into the playlist title - the PC then records the cd into itunes. As my processor is not the best a cd takes about 30 minutes. Then I plug my iPod in and transfer the playlists into the iPod (takes a few seconds). Job done.
The reason I do that is because its easier to find things on your ipod later - all you do is scroll through your playlist index and select what you wanna play, rather than searching for album titles etc and wasting battery life.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment