Anyone seen them live?
Arctic Monkeys?
Collapse
X
-
Arctic Monkeys?
Does anybody know anything about this UK band? Have tickets to see them tonight in Toronto and don't know alot other than the few songs and live video I have seen.
Anyone seen them live?Doesn't mean I am weird and it doesn't mean I need to be in therapy. www.aaronmossey.comTags: None -
-
Re: Artic Monkeys?
NICE.Originally posted by dawnxFu(king shit hot live seen them in Glasgow and they were quality
there are the new thing over here (uk)
Doesn't mean I am weird and it doesn't mean I need to be in therapy. www.aaronmossey.comComment
-
Re: Artic Monkeys?
Fooking GET THERE.
They are the hottest thing in the UK at the mo, the single, Looking good on the dancefloor is amazing. The album sadly isn't out till till spring 2006.
The live show is meant to be one of the best around. You cannot get tickets in the UK for love or money. At one point i'm told, tickets were going for $400 a piece on ebay. I'd say they are a bit like the white stripes, but rockier and more bouncy, (pigeoning holing really isn;t my strong point)
To sum up, i'd bit your right arm off to have those tickets."Pain is only weakness leaving the body."Comment
-
Re: Artic Monkeys?
I suppose I should consider my $10 CDN ticket a right steal then. I love that most Canadians don't pay any attention to music until it hits big in the US or over here (read: until MUCH MUSIC airs the video). My philosophy is catch them on their first time thru at Lee's Palace here in Toronto and then laugh at the radio lemmings paying the crazy prices to see them in the Kool Haus or AIR CAN centre when their stuff is all over the airwaves.Originally posted by MorganThe live show is meant to be one of the best around. You cannot get tickets in the UK for love or money. At one point i'm told, tickets were going for $400 a piece on ebay. .Doesn't mean I am weird and it doesn't mean I need to be in therapy. www.aaronmossey.comComment
-
Re: Artic Monkeys?
arctic monkeys rock, a certain romance is a wonderful trackComment
-
-
Re: Artic Monkeys?
Fastest selling album ever in the first week of sales in the U.K.
They're so wicked and there lyrics are so cool.
They live up to the hype______________________________________________
The world was a mess but his hair was perfectComment
-
Re: Artic Monkeys?
tasty stuff.... just ripe for remixing....."only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
Re: Artic Monkeys?
i don't know what is so fascinating about this band's music. I heard this kind of music a million times before in the 90s and in the last 5 years, so why suddenly everyone is raving about a band who are not really introducing anything new to the rock music scene.
I listenned to their a album a couple of times and i'm a bit bemused as to why everyone thinks they're so special. There is nothing new or fresh in their music.
I think some kids who have never heard rock/indie music in the past started buying into them and everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon with all the hype.Comment
-
Re: Artic Monkeys?
have to agree, i listened to the cd last night and thought it was a good listen, but nothing mindblowing. they are catchy, and unique... but i just dont get the hype. even the single wasnt that great for me, i think the problem for me may have been that my favorite track on the cd was probably the first track, so it started well for me and just didnt keep going on that high point. oh well, it is a debut effort, i am sure we will hear plenty more from these guys...Comment
-
Re: Artic Monkeys?
They are only 19-20 years old and its their lyrics that everyones raving about. I still need to give the album a listen but i like the 2 singles.Loose Lipped Controller in da Mothafukin Hizzows!!Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,513
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment