y what a douche he expects to get paid by playing at a club and wont buy any tracks
So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
Collapse
X
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
y what a douche he expects to get paid by playing at a club and wont buy any tracks -
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
Thats called "expecting something for nothing"...old cliche.....lots of people do it.Originally posted by hulkhussy what a douche he expects to get paid by playing at a club and wont buy any tracks
Push the envelope, watch it bend.
www.kansascitytechno.com
Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011Comment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
where's the passwords again???Originally posted by jarble187Thats called "expecting something for nothing"...old cliche.....lots of people do it.
....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
Comment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
Originally posted by picklemonkeythe mullerer becomes the mulleree
Comment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
roflComment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
i don't want to say if file sharing is wrong or not, but it's out there and there's not much to stop it. it's easy to for big DJs to say just buy it all, but they get loads of free promos because everyone wants them to play their music. not to mention, if they are successful, they can afford to buy everything.
i don't know how to solve this problem, but i don't think that 'choosing' to purchase based on moral principle is going to stop the majority of folks from getting whatever they can for as little as possible.Comment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
^^ when money isn't being cycled into the scene it suffers badly.
see the current american club scene.
downloading a track to listen to in your car or on your pod is one thing, downloading with the intention of making money, is another.
theres already one great reason as a dj to buy tracks instead of downloading them off slsk.
320kpbs.Comment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
I think your reaction was a bit over the top. Just be glad you didn't get arrested or worse. I agree that the idiot should pay for his music but what goes around, comes around and you can only hope he'll get his without you beating him. As someone said before you have more reason to be mad at the way he attempted to over play you.
Regarding downloading from soulseek. I do download tracks from ss to play out. Frequently when it hasn't been released yet and I really want it. Though once the track comes out I buy it. And if I can't find it I'll buy another track from the same producer, even if I don't like it. Sometimes I'll order a track online and since it takes a week to get here I'll also download it so I can start playing it without waiting. I spend ~ $400 a month on records.
It sounds like the guy was a total ass, but are you sure he wasn't doing the same?"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
He was out of line for the set he played, how long he played, and his attitude, but he didn't deserve to get assaulted.Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon BonaparteComment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
^^ after our conversation today he has purchased music online but admitted, reluctantly, that the majority of his set was pirated music. my friend victor had seen him spin at a party in houston and really loved his music. the dj in question told victor he was hooked up with a bunch of producers and got "promo's" from them all the time when in fact he was downloading his music from soulseek. anyway, he was pissed i called him out on "being hooked up" and i was pissed he lied and stole music for his personal profit and then one stupid thing led to another... i'll admit i'm VERY opinionated when it comes to this subject but i wish the whole thing had never happened the way it did. it's all good now and hopefully this particular dj learned something. all i ask is if you're going to spin out for money buy your music..."only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
oh, and for the record he swung at me first....."only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
WORD!Originally posted by geoffgulleyall i ask is if you're going to spin out for money buy your music...Push the envelope, watch it bend.
www.kansascitytechno.com
Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011Comment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
I think you guys missed my point... I personally always pay for my songs... vinyl or downloads... ive been doing this since 2000 when I first started.Originally posted by jarble187
ichrang, I think you missed the point of Geoff's rant. This music shouldnt be stolen blatently from Soulseek. The opening Dj should of gave these producers the respect they deserve by purchasing these tracks from an authorized retailer like Beatport or Release.
My point was... who cares as why would you even ask. Let the DJ do his thing and you do your thing. NOT - this is the copyright infringement police...time to kick your arse.Comment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
^^^^^ you are missing the point, the guy was a totaly prick!!!!!!!!Comment
-
Re: So I had myself a fistfight at a gig....
ok...i dont want to get caught in a your missing my point....no your missing my point debate....no , your missing mine.
I agree he was a prick,
but it sounded like someone was more peeved at getting upstaged then stealing songsComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,522
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment