By the way I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser
How do I check what my IP address is?
Collapse
X
-
How do I check what my IP address is?
I ask because I'm sick of trying to use megaupload only to get the same 'your IP address is already downloading a file' message when to my knowledge I'm not.
By the way I use Mozilla Firefox as my browserTags: None -
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
-
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
You should be able to go to Run on your Windows menu and type "cmd". Once DOS prompt comes up type ipconfig /allFor if you do it right you'll find the moment never ends. -phishComment
-
-
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
Cheers^ The chicken one and the geobytes one gave me 2 different results?Comment
-
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
Cheers but again I'm getting 2 different addresses> The geobytes one and the one kamal suggested give me the same address, the chicken one gives me a different one altogether? Can you have 2?Comment
-
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
Before Pickle gets to it:
Mercuryengine.com IMO
You can have 2 but its very unlikely that have 2 and would be using them both on the same computer (especially without knowing)."They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
Most people have two ip addresses: an inner one and an outer one.
The outer address is the one your network provider uses to communicate to websites on your behalf. The information is then first sent to your outer ip, and then your provider will send it to you, on your inner / real ip address.
eg:
You -> ISP - > Internet
Internet -> ISP -> You
eg:
43.34.213.53 (my computer) -> 53.234.53.230 (ntl) -> 66.36.231.163 (mercuryserver)
where -> = "relays to"
This is how your isp knows what pages you have looked at, what you've downloaded etc. If you want to get around megaupload, use an anonymous proxy such as shysurfer or surfshield, but make sure you still enable javascript from those proxies, they may or may not work, i can't say i've tried.
Anyway, i reckon one of them is getting your inner ip address, whilst the other is simply getting your outer ip address. As mentioned earlier, your real ip address can be obtained by using netstat from the command prompt.Comment
-
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
GregWhelan you'll prolly find that you're getting that message on MegaUpload because your ISP uses proxies, transparent or otherwise. Basically more than one person in your ISP is using MegaUpload, and from MU's end everything that comes from that proxy appears to have the same ip."If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
Comment
-
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
What two IP's are you getting? If either of them begin with 192.168, 10.* then for some reason, ipchicken is pulling your private IP address. I've never heard of this, especially since the internal addresses are considered "illegal" and can't be routed on the Internet.Originally posted by GregWhelanCheers but again I'm getting 2 different addresses> The geobytes one and the one kamal suggested give me the same address, the chicken one gives me a different one altogether? Can you have 2?
Do the two different IP addresses have the same first three numbers, different on the last one?
Strange, ipchicken has always been good to me. *sniff* *sniff*Comment
-
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
Two addresses I'm getting:
81.107.108.160 from geobytes
62.252.64.19 from the chicken
I think the chicken is right!Comment
-
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
Whatever ipconfig tells you is right, screw everything else.Comment
-
Re: How do I check what my IP address is?
^wrong. if you're connected to a wireless router or a switch, IPconfig doesn't show your external address... it only shows the address that only your home can see.
mercuryengine.com imoComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment