it's more powerful than you think. their biggest mistake was naming it "fruity loops"...which they realized, and changed it to FL Studio. A lot of the records i buy are made only with FL.
new macs
Collapse
X
-
Re: new macs
you would be surprised how many producers use FL exclusively, and run successful labels.Originally posted by jeffrey collins
it's more powerful than you think. their biggest mistake was naming it "fruity loops"...which they realized, and changed it to FL Studio. A lot of the records i buy are made only with FL. -
Re: new macs
I'm told you can boot into xp on these bitches.Originally posted by asdf_admini want the new imac. that thing looks smoking. for the price to cost ... it is worth to get an apple. the only thing is ... it is a very small apple world. i can not wait when apple ports it's OS to pc ... that is the future for apple. they have already took the first step.
When I get a laptop I'm getting one of these. Sexy and light. Uh huh.Comment
-
Re: new macs
asdf...
osx on pc:
Comment
-
Re: new macs
I would really like to know who uses it. I understand the drum machine on it is really easy to use.Originally posted by Jenksyou would be surprised how many producers use FL exclusively, and run successful labels.
it's more powerful than you think. their biggest mistake was naming it "fruity loops"...which they realized, and changed it to FL Studio. A lot of the records i buy are made only with FL.
I just really wanna know what producers might use it.Comment
-
Re: new macs
I'm pretty sure Ozgur Can uses it..Originally posted by jeffrey collinsI would really like to know who uses it. I understand the drum machine on it is really easy to use.
I just really wanna know what producers might use it.
Comment
-
-
Re: new macs
Ozgur has some nice beats and sounds in his productions. Good for him.Comment
-
Re: new macs
I might consider buying one next time I upgrade if thats the case. Though they still have to reduce the size and weight more.Originally posted by palmerI'm told you can boot into xp on these bitches."They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: new macs
weight of the macs. Are you speaking of the Imac, or the powermacs. The Imac doesn't weigh that much. But hell, it's got all you need contained in that one box.Comment
-
Re: new macs
OK, i just happened upon this thread from a few months back and noticed a few things...
You all probably know much I hate to make a big fuss about anything, and am not the type to go on a rant or second guess anyone...
but here goes...
------------------
ON PRICING
A PC laptop with the equivalent components and capabiities costs just as much if not more than a Macbook or the current powerbook. I use the words "equivilent capability" very loosely in regards to reliability/dependability issues with OS stability and networking versatility."The new macbooks look cool and all, but for 2 grand...come on..."
"They must be fucking takin a piss with that pricetag."
"Twice the price, half the applications, go apple!!"
Additionally, powerbooks from over three years ago are still kickin and getting the job done as fast as they did day one (even faster than that actually with the latest version of OSX) and aside from being from the era of [USB 1.0 ] [30g HD] [pre-gigabit ethernet] (things that I dont miss) but are manageble with the firewire and PC/MIA ports and slots...
They are built to last and $2,000 for a SOUPED, SLIM, & LIGHT LAPTOP that has perhaps a four year life if not more, while still being able to run new and updated software reliably and practically.... that is really fucking reasonable.... just ask someone who has one.
I'd love a solid list of windows applications that are assumed to be unavailable or do not have an equivelant if not better counterpart on OSX... I am still surprised and impressed when discovering things I can do with my Mac that aren't even new, rather, new to me and that I never thought could be so simple or possible (mostly with batch workflows/organization/archiving/customization of workspace and layout/ease of navigation in and between applications as well as the OS/system preferences)...
I know some places have custom software that is intregral to their operations and conversion wouldn't be at all practical on a company-wide level, and thats completely understandable... I just think that cross platform compatibility is a lot more versatile than a lot of people would like to think.
ON NAMES
I feel you on that one brotha...the name "macbook" sounds fucking lame imo, i like "powerbook" better.
ON MEMORIES
Wow, now that u mention it, in middle school i used them and I hated that shit too... Part"it's not my fault"
haha i remember those days...
of the reason I was a big time mac hater till OSX came out.
ON GETTING SOME
The size and wieght of an iMac or a Macbook? The iMac is a desktop and not a portable machine, it's just all built into the flat display and isn't much heavier than an just a display of the same size.... and the Macbook is Hella-thin and Supa-Light... ???"I might consider buying one next time I upgrade if thats the case. Though they still have to reduce the size and weight more."
"i want the new imac. that thing looks smoking. for the price to cost ... it is worth to get an apple. the only thing is ... it is a very small apple world. i can not wait when apple ports it's OS to pc ..."
Think of the small apple world as the VIP section and don't worry about networking and finding likewise minded individuals that can help and spoil you with "stuff you might need for your mac" ok?
FUCK I need to go to bed NOW....
Comment
-
Re: new macs
I was talking about the powerbook (or Macbook, or whatever its called now). My current notebook is still smaller and lighter:Originally posted by miketpotoThe size and wieght of an iMac or a Macbook? The iMac is a desktop and not a portable machine, it's just all built into the flat display and isn't much heavier than an just a display of the same size.... and the Macbook is Hella-thin and Supa-Light... ???
• Weight:
2.76 lbs. with standard battery (weight is approximate and may vary)
• Size (W x H x D):
10.7” x 0.83” - 1.12” x 7.7”"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin FranklinComment
-
Re: new macs
If anyone cares to know, M$ OWNS STOCK IN APPLE... so M$ doesn't have to worry about shite djprieto...
Anywho I just made nachos...
(Also new renditions of the OSX system have a unix/linux core, eat shit and die Mac nerds.)The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,208
Posts: 1,238,520
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment