new macs
Collapse
X
-
Re: new macs
Mike likes to think he's a coy fish sometimes but we all know he's a huge mac fan.Comment
-
-
Re: new macs
I switched to Mac in november '05. I first got a Mac mini, just to check it out. Now i have a 20" imac G5 and a ibook 12" aswel. The mini is hooked up to my 50" HDTV in the livingroom with bluetooth muse and keyboard. Rocks!
And i have connected a 19" LCD monitor to the iMac, dual display is crucial when using Aperture
I simply love OSX. Only PC i have now is my newly buildt storage server wich sounds like a jet-turbine and stands in the addic.Comment
-
Re: new macs
You are good people. Congratulations!Originally posted by fixxerI switched to Mac in november '05. I first got a Mac mini, just to check it out. Now i have a 20" imac G5 and a ibook 12" aswel. The mini is hooked up to my 50" HDTV in the livingroom with bluetooth muse and keyboard. Rocks!
And i have connected a 19" LCD monitor to the iMac, dual display is crucial when using Aperture
I simply love OSX. Only PC i have now is my newly buildt storage server wich sounds like a jet-turbine and stands in the addic.
Sounds like you've got a shweet setup, lemme know if you need any mac-help....
Also, I am curious as to what about aperture you find to be the biggest benefits/tools.... I havent delved very deep into it yet, although I've had it installed for a while now, and I'd love some motivation...Comment
-
Re: new macs
Miketpoto: Yeah it's allright
What i like about Aperture is offcourse that yuu can make multiple versions of one image without messing with the original. The way you organize and stack images are cool aswell. Select multiple images for viewing and rating them makes creating an album easy.
if you check my website, below, i have some photos for your viewing pleasure
Comment
-
Re: new macs
will check @ work 2dayOriginally posted by fixxerMiketpoto: Yeah it's allright
What i like about Aperture is offcourse that yuu can make multiple versions of one image without messing with the original. The way you organize and stack images are cool aswell. Select multiple images for viewing and rating them makes creating an album easy.
if you check my website, below, i have some photos for your viewing pleasure
Comment
-
Re: new macs
I just started using an ibook at work. Coming from using a Wintel system all my life, the switch was surprisingly easy and intuitive. Took me an afternoon to work out most of the essential bits I need, customize the interface and install some cool freewares. I think what surprised me most was not how many mac freewares there are out there, but how innovative a lot of them are.
From my recent experience, I've decided Wintel is a more technical experience while the mac is more about usability--you don't have to/want to/need to fiddle under the hood.
Definitely keen to check out the new ibooks when they get released.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: new macs
I just got one of the new iMac Intels a couple days ago and I'm loving it. All the little things that Mac thought of make the Mac experience a better one in my opinion.I am no cyberwhore...
http://www.myspace.com/zendobroComment
-
Re: new macs
I am waiting till late April or so. There is a word a new proc and setup will be aval. I am excited. The only bums news is that the intel chip mac runs right now is 32bit, which is kinda traveling behind in time for apple. I will wait till the new macs come out, and suck one up.
/waits.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: new macs
Yeah, the pro machines arent even announced yet, but even the new intel iMacs have the capability of performing in 64bit (it's on the DL cause it's not operable at all yet I guess) but as with all big new steps there will be some testing and rethinking I am sure...Originally posted by asdf_adminI am waiting till late April or so. There is a word a new proc and setup will be aval. I am excited. The only bums news is that the intel chip mac runs right now is 32bit, which is kinda traveling behind in time for apple. I will wait till the new macs come out, and suck one up.
/waits.
As for pro machines, mac rumour sites and everyone in my department concurs that it will definitely be a 64bit without a doubt, so dont worry....
But don't forget to mention that "a technical experience" means essentially you'll be debugging or troubleshooting things that are fluid, stable, and a non-issue on the mac... It's all fun and good to have a brain in your head, but to waste your time and productivity to figure out a solution on your own or a "fix" for no reason other than vanity or pride... thats retarded... (i know some of these people)From my recent experience, I've decided Wintel is a more technical experience while the mac is more about usability--you don't have to/want to/need to fiddle under the hood.
anyway, payday, woohooComment
-
Re: new macs
still waiting.
It's like apples so many year ana. So they will release probably something cool. I really can not wait.
dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: new macs
I'm all for holding out till the new pro machines are released, that only makes sense when purchasing something as high end as they are... But don't hold off any longer than that, cause seriously, my dual G5 here at work leaves me wanting for nothing pretty much always... There's very little I can even imagine you wouldnt be able to do with the intel pro's, so the line stops there freaky-bitch, umkay?Originally posted by asdf_adminstill waiting.
It's like apples so many year ana. So they will release probably something cool. I really can not wait.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment