If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I am leaving this Saturday for two and a half weeks in Turkey. I've never been before. The point of the trip is to see Turkey and the total eclipse of the sun on March 29. I will be east of Antalya that day. Anybody else planning on seeing it from Turkey, Egypt, Libya or elsewhere?
I'm not with these dudes: www.soulclipse.com I am on a highly organized trip with little free time, but I do have one full day free (of three total) in Istanbul, so if anybody has any suggestions to do that aren't major tourist attractions (I'm seeing all those anyway) that would be great. My hotel is apparently in the old section of Istanbul where all the big attractions are.
Also, on the way home I am stopping over for one night in Vienna. My hotel is out at the airport, but it looks like there could be enough time spend a night in Vienna and still make the 8 a.m. wake up call for the 11 a.m. plane the next morning. Is Vienna worth a late night walkaround? Is the airport close to the city? Again, I've never been there.
Re: March 29 solar eclipse and Turkey travel tips?
Vienna rocks dude come over here and don´t miss Flex best club in town!! Also the old part of the city is beautiful at night and the airport is only 20 min away!
Re: March 29 solar eclipse and Turkey travel tips?
The best spot in Turkey to go out is Bodrum. Bit of a Turkish Ibiza... Make sure to check out the Catamaran parties (yep, that's a rave on a boat) and the Kuba Club there.
Re: March 29 solar eclipse and Turkey travel tips?
Thanks for the Vienna advice. It would be a shame to sit at the hotel all night when the city's just 20 minutes away. If everything's on schedule I am going to try for a walk around town.
I don't think I'll be getting close to Bodrum, Ephesus is the closest I'll get, but the Catamaran parties sound pretty good. Too bad, it sounds like a fun thing.
Re: March 29 solar eclipse and Turkey travel tips?
Originally posted by pdowney
Thanks for the Vienna advice. It would be a shame to sit at the hotel all night when the city's just 20 minutes away. If everything's on schedule I am going to try for a walk around town.
I don't think I'll be getting close to Bodrum, Ephesus is the closest I'll get, but the Catamaran parties sound pretty good. Too bad, it sounds like a fun thing.
There's nothing to see in Ephesus but a pile of Greek rocks...
Maybe Kusadassi is an option, less classy than bodrum, but there are some cool Turkish (open air) clubs. Gotta stand the shaishaishai-music once a while tho'
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment