For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
Collapse
X
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
Gotta say, I am about a 1000x more handy than I was before I got married. She never threw the gauntlet down on this at all, it just sorta grew out of opportunity and necessity. I love it, though. It's nice to know that when something needs to be done around the house or something goes wrong, I don't have to automatically start shelling out Franklins to address the problem.Originally posted by DJJEFFJONES -
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
Originally posted by Kamaldude I need to meet her..... I've never met anyone of the fairer gender who was even remotely interested in electronics
Yeah, the only "electronics" they seem to be interested in are typically covered in some brightly colored silicone and make loud buzzing noises....
.....that and the fricken Nano.
It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
this is truly a good thread. I am 3 months away and do not know what the true changes will be after the big day. Hopefully none that are bad. Overall, I think for most of us, each couple rubs of each other, the good ones in a good way. When you have 2 poeple where their good traits rub off of each other, it tends to work out.
A true test is, ask your gf or wife to leave the seat up when finished. Tell her, you have bad aim at night. If she agrees, you might want to hold on to her.
No Soup for YouOriginally posted by MiroslavIt's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .Comment
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
Honestly, we lived together for about a year and a half before we got married, so not a lot changed in the day-to-day from when we were just engaged and living together. One of the biggest changes for me was a financial one. I think about the money I spend differently now, and I know she does, too. Notwithstanding that there hasn't been a significant change in either of our income since we got married in September, the change in mindset has definitely resulted in a more rosy and stable financial situation.Originally posted by specialethis is truly a good thread. I am 3 months away and do not know what the true changes will be after the big day.
I'll offer this suggestion, since it has worked so well for us. We've set up multiple accounts -- joint checking, two individual checking accounts, short term savings, and investment. Joint checking pays all fixes expenses, and everything that benefits the both of us or the house -- mortgage payments, student loans, car payments, groceries, eating out, home improvement, whatever. Each month, we also throw some in savings and invest some. Each pay period, we also have a certain amount that goes into each of our individual checking accounts. We can spend this however we want, whenever we want, on whatever we want so we still have some autonomy in what we buy. It works out great, because our own personal purchases can never impact our household financial situation. If I decide to blow a couple grand on another big screen, so be it, and if she wants to spend $1000 on nice smelling candles, that's her prerogative, because it's our personal money -- we never have to deal with the situation where we can't pay the electric bill because someone made an impulse buy, and we don't have to consult one another on every little thing.
Really, though, regardless of what you do, just make sure you have a plan. They say money is the #1 source of marital problems. Having a plan in place can only help cut that off at the pass.Comment
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
good luck finding that...I've seriously yet to hear of any woman whatsoever willing to do that.Originally posted by specialeA true test is, ask your gf or wife to leave the seat up when finished. Tell her, you have bad aim at night. If she agrees, you might want to hold on to her.

and truthfully, there are much bigger things to argue over."Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
Guys never really know how much candles cost until women enter the picture. Man, i had no idea they go up so high. lol.Originally posted by toasty
if she wants to spend $1000 on nice smelling candles, that's her prerogative,Comment
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
I've become afraid of "candle-shopping"
"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
^^^ Have you see the comedian Bill Burr? He talks about that and it is hilarious. Check him out if you get a chance!Comment
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
I'm not that stupid. It wasn't meant to be taken seriousOriginally posted by rubyraksgood luck finding that...I've seriously yet to hear of any woman whatsoever willing to do that.
and truthfully, there are much bigger things to argue over.
No Soup for YouOriginally posted by MiroslavIt's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .Comment
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
The best is when they get dragged to those absurd "candle parties" where friends jointly guilt one another into purchasing ridiculously overpriced candles with the understood promise that the host will purchase something at whatever absurd party her guests decide to have, be it "Pampered Chef," "Southern Living," or those ridiculously overpriced baskets.Originally posted by rubyraksI've become afraid of "candle-shopping"
The crazy thing is that it works, and there's a whole industry fueled by obligation and guilt. Would any of these gals ever spend $50 for a fucking candle if it weren't for their friend guilting them into it? Yet, everyone seems to go along with and be OK with it, even though they know exactly what is going on. Cracks me up.
Comment
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
I was gonna make a lengthy post here, but I?m kinda drunk, cuz I?ve had a 6 pack already while I?m watching the soccer game..thank god I?ve ordered my wife and kids to go to bed already.
Naw man...I ain?t changed much since I decided to live with her...
Comment
-
Re: For the Married/Engaged/LTR people
Man after reading these replies I dont know if I should be happy or sad that im single" Darkness Imprisioning Me
All That I See
Absolute Horror
I Cannot Live
I Cannot Die
Trapped In Myself
Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)
soulseek sn buckman28Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.




Comment