there is always some haters nobody is ever pleased
Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
Collapse
X
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
I agree. I'm by no means "HATING" on S&D, but I thought that they started off great and had ALL of the ingredients to make it a great night. I travel to NY ffs!!!!! I was always told that they are very special in NY... 4:00AM came and went and nothing happened... Don't get me wrong I loved being there, meeting up with Mike, Sean, and everyone else I met, but there was no vortex. Oh well. I'm glad I went, I'm glad I met Sparrow who spit on me everytime he spoke and who took us on on stage for the final half hour. The whole evening was priceless. THANK YOU: Andy, Jenny, Mike, Sean, Sparrow... the other 2 lovely MS ladies whose names I can't recall right now. I've got pictures I'll post later.Originally posted by anthonyI'm sure others will disagree and I'll get blasted for what I'm about to say, however here goes. Digweed started at approximately 1:15 and started off with three great tracks. Sorry, don't know the names. I thought I was in for the set of my life, since I missed WMC!!! Then it had few ups and several flatlines for me personally. Each played for approximately 1 hour before the other would return. Towards the end of the night, the intervals got shorter. Heard several songs from the Space Terrace set from both S & D. And at one point around 4am I thought the night was going to take a turn for the better. As Digweed laid down two great vocal tracks from the Space set again and the place got excited. I'm not a trainspotter so I'll let others who were there take a stab at which ones I'm talking about. But yet again, the momentum was not kept. I know these sets are suppose to be journeys with peaks and valleys. But is just seemed like there were more valleys than peaks... your guess is as good as mine.
Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
I had a great time on Friday . I havent been out in a long while so this is kinda what i needed. Was it there greatest set... no but it was functional. It was good seeing Mike and Ben out . Sorry i missed the other MSers.......Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
my favorite moment.
looking at my phone and a text from ruby reading
""i found you u bitch""your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
ok a couple of vids for you guys. i named the files with the time that the vids were taken. got a good cross section of the tracks played that night. the first vid is the start of the s&d set and it continues til early in the morning. sorry i missed the very end. filled up the 1.5 gigs of memory i had on the cards.
link to vids pt1. www.megaupload.com/?d=1L5L9ZPD
link to vids pt2. www.megaupload.com/?d=XWPKMM5L
Last edited by daveman; April 7, 2006, 11:05:55 AM.once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time
Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
Originally posted by hypoluxxaTHANK YOU: Andy, Jenny, Mike, Sean, Sparrow... the other 2 lovely MS ladies whose names I can't recall right now. I've got pictures I'll post later.
Hey Al!
great getting to meet you and I just love your wife Heather! She's a ton of fun and my friends and I enjoyed dancing with her... My brain is not working very well today, but oh well....
Hope the time change and jet lag are working for and not against you! 
MikeComment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
Originally posted by hansh20i have some ill post em later... the sound is not that great, i will get some other vids. just be patience please
Good to see you made it back home ok.... I couldnt find you the rest of the night, and I kept asking "has anybody seen the mexicans anywhere?"
Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
Heather loves you too. I think one of my favorite parts of the trip was the walk from Hell's Kitchen down to W.27th, seeing all of the buildings and hearing all of the great stories you shared with us. I feel like crap... I've got a cold (go figure)Originally posted by miketpotoHey Al!
great getting to meet you and I just love your wife Heather! She's a ton of fun and my friends and I enjoyed dancing with her... My brain is not working very well today, but oh well....
Hope the time change and jet lag are working for and not against you! 
Mike
I was so proud leaving that club at 8 AM... I closed it out.
Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
al, thanks for getting a bracelet for me. i got trampled by about 3 idiots when john gave them out.
shockingly, i feel pretty damn good today.
edit: spotted in the wee hours - rock & ash - searching for nenaComment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
dude, i walked in my front door just after 930am, washed up, brushed my teeth, got a glass of water and smoked a J so i could pass out. i woke up about 5 and made some bagel bites, drank some guiness and didnt move all day. chanty called me and asked what i was doing and i thought ""how the fuck am i going out tonight""your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
few thoughts from me:
Crobars as wicked space, maybe to big for my liking these days
That hip hop room is so not needed :-(
Thought the build was sweet in the first part of digweeds, Then sasha didnt really take it anywhere. John seemed to up a gear but then i had to leave around 4.30 as Jenny was not in a good way.
Would head back for sure & do it all over again. hopefully on a Sat night when thye dont have to be elsewhere the next night & can play & play!!!
Much fun was had & cant wait to get back over in MayComment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed Crobar 03/31/06 Reviews
may 5
john lisle
newland
holosound.
sutra lounge NYC 1st and 1st
ur welcome alex.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,513
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment