Just finished listening to this mix for like the 5th time this weekend, absolute top shelf material and it was mixed on 2 turntables with all vinyl which makes it that much killer, 10/10 !
Luciano - Sci Fi Hi Fi vol 2 - Soma
Collapse
X
-
Re: Luciano - Sci Fi Hi Fi vol 2 - Soma
Am I the only one that feels like telling the 19 year old that 2 turntables and vinyl, while lovely and "killer", aren't quite newsworthy items?Originally posted by anoninJust finished listening to this mix for like the 5th time this weekend, absolute top shelf material and it was mixed on 2 turntables with all vinyl which makes it that much killer, 10/10 !
I dont want to sound cunty or nasty, but I really enjoy these things and tried really hard to phrase this as easter peep nice as I could muller, er, muster...Comment
-
Re: Luciano - Sci Fi Hi Fi vol 2 - Soma
i enjoy the stripped down approach luciano took to make this mix, while using every bit of available cutting edge technology is great in mixes, its just seems to me a bit out of the ordinary to lay down a mix with the basics.Originally posted by miketpotoAm I the only one that feels like telling the 19 year old that 2 turntables and vinyl, while lovely and "killer", aren't quite newsworthy items?
I dont want to sound cunty or nasty, but I really enjoy these things and tried really hard to phrase this as easter peep nice as I could muller, er, muster...
Comment
-
Re: Luciano - Sci Fi Hi Fi vol 2 - Soma
Um so what? No protooling in this mix?
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Luciano - Sci Fi Hi Fi vol 2 - Soma
Serafin - Starship Discotheque
From 16mins to 28mins (and that track^^) was about the only high point in the mix. I've put it on twice at work today, the mix just doesn't stop me in my tracks except for the aforementioned.
Ellen Allien + Apparat's Orchestra of Bubbles did though

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Luciano - Sci Fi Hi Fi vol 2 - Soma
If this cd is being released and distributed I think it is rather noteworthy that it was only done on turntables with real vinyl.
A: I don't even have turntables anymore only cdjs
B: I wouldn't know where to start to get half of these tracks on record
C: Most people are too "big" to "waste" their time actually mixing....Holosound@Vertigo in Costa Rica Streaming Video and Audio http://livestream.com/urbanettv/vide...8-c5911280cf91

Part of the weekend never dies...Comment
-
Re: Luciano - Sci Fi Hi Fi vol 2 - Soma
i liked this cd a lot because it has the same feel as seeing luciano live. i can't take another cd full of re-edits and ableton mixing b/c the dj doesn't have any real technical skills to mix it properly on the fly. luciano is a very skill technical dj and of course this mix shows that. it was nice that he didn't include a bunch of "home listening" tracks that no real dj would ever play out at a club like most of the stuff that gets to cd.Comment
-
Re: Luciano - Sci Fi Hi Fi vol 2 - Soma
Well you did a mighty fine job of it Mr. Cuntynasty.Originally posted by miketpotoI dont want to sound cunty or nastyA good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Re: Luciano - Sci Fi Hi Fi vol 2 - Soma
wait till you meet him in real life. merideth viera's replacement IMHO>your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Re: Luciano - Sci Fi Hi Fi vol 2 - Soma
I agree with Mike- Luciano was off the handle @ Cielo, Bug was great as an opener for him. That type of 1-2 combo is so rare, someone bring them back!Off the Charts Records (Intl)
House Party (Brooklyn)
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment