Future Jazz
Collapse
X
-
Re: Future Jazz
sounds like the mornign after a hard night at the clubOriginally posted by geoffgulley....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
-
Re: Future Jazz
or in some cases, modified 2-step...FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: Future Jazz
"Future Jazz" "Nu Jazz" I agree they are misleading names. I went to see Ame, Dixon and Henrik Schwarz and people there I spoke to were going on about Nu Jazz. It sounded techy with lots of soulful groves and vocals. Xylophones too. So I could understand where the Jazz comes into it. But ultimately it could be summed up as techy deep house with a splash of soul.Originally posted by tiddlesug, this shit is the antithesis of jazz
The labels "Future Jazz" and "Nu Jazz" were only made apparent to me when talking to some of the Germans there and when I later did some research.
A lot of dance music seems to be pulling in one direction, stylistically. Be that because it's just trendy to be techy and minimal or be that just the sound of now having a heavy influence...it sounds good to me.black is the new black www.mercuryserver.comComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment