Cheers.
Pearl Jam
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: Pearl Jam
I can't get the whole tool thing either....but as far as pearl jam is concerned i have had the album since it came out, and haven't stopped listening to it, i love it....i like pearl jam....each album is different...each album bring a little something different to the table...this album bring a bit of everthing...you have a balance of everything from rock to ballad type songs....IMO each album can't be reallly compared to one another because each one has it own sound and diversity....to me its a quality album... from most of the replies - pearl jam is not for everyone thoughOriginally posted by beanzncheezLMAO @ Tool. Sorry, I never understood the hooplah over them after Undertow. Opiate is still by far their best work and Aenima and afterwards were all really just rehashed material. I do remember people on this board also stating tht APC doesn't sound like Tool at all. ROFL
Okay, back on topic, I thought Ten was complete shit. The only two albums that I liked, and still do, are Versus and Vitalogy. After that, I gave up. So how would this rate in comparison to their older material?Comment
-
Re: Pearl Jam
First of all, damn I must not be reading the threads you post in, cause over 200 posts and I think this is the first time I've seen any of em. Nice to see you around here again.Originally posted by beanzncheezLMAO @ Tool. Sorry, I never understood the hooplah over them after Undertow. Opiate is still by far their best work and Aenima and afterwards were all really just rehashed material. I do remember people on this board also stating tht APC doesn't sound like Tool at all. ROFL
Okay, back on topic, I thought Ten was complete shit. The only two albums that I liked, and still do, are Versus and Vitalogy. After that, I gave up. So how would this rate in comparison to their older material?
On to the substance, it's funny you say both of those points. As for tool, I've always loved their depth, but there definately is a bit of rehash in a lot of their newer material. In fact I was thinking this after listening to a number of tracks off the new one. But they've always, at least in my opinion, been able to come to the table with something new and different in a great deal of the tracks.
As for PJ, Vs. and Vitalogy are the albums I'd put this new one in the same category as. For as enjoyable as Ten may have been and still is, I could fully recognize the commercial aspects of that album well beyond anything they've done afterwards. While this one is similar to those albums in strength and power, there are many of their maturing aspects in the new album as well, especially lyrically. Oh and Matt Cameron on the drums does a total mindf^&k a few times, perhaps the best the drums have ever sounded on anything PJ."Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
-
Re: Pearl Jam
Matt Cameron fucking rules. I've gotten the chance to see him perform live with Soundgarden and on many guest spots with touring bands such as The Smashing Pumpkins. Nice guy too.
Thanks for the input, ruby. I'll be sure to check out this album one day.Comment
-
Re: Pearl Jam
well put...more on the lines what i was trying to say...lol...Originally posted by rubyraksAs for PJ, Vs. and Vitalogy are the albums I'd put this new one in the same category as. For as enjoyable as Ten may have been and still is, I could fully recognize the commercial aspects of that album well beyond anything they've done afterwards. While this one is similar to those albums in strength and power, there are many of their maturing aspects in the new album as well, especially lyrically. Oh and Matt Cameron on the drums does a total mindf^&k a few times, perhaps the best the drums have ever sounded on anything PJ.Comment
-
Re: Pearl Jam
Ten is shit that the homosexuals like. U2 were awesome in the 80s. They up and went shitty around 89.Comment
-
Re: Pearl Jam
I kinda agree with the APC = Tool thing, but the rest is pure bullshit.Originally posted by beanzncheezLMAO @ Tool. Sorry, I never understood the hooplah over them after Undertow. Opiate is still by far their best work and Aenima and afterwards were all really just rehashed material. I do remember people on this board also stating tht APC doesn't sound like Tool at all. ROFLComment
-
-
Re: Pearl Jam
Well at least I ´m able to sit down. I wonder if you can say the same after so muchOriginally posted by beanzncheezLMAO. You live in Portugal. Sit down.
Comment
-
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment