4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
Collapse
X
-
4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNG
The bottom line is that the Athlon FX-60 and the Pentium Extreme Edition 965 have both met their match - there's simply no escaping this conclusion! This is bound to cause lamentation among the elite circle of users who've invested big bucks in their high-end systems, if not outright wailing and rending of garments. The basic stats for this insignificant-seeming budget processor read as follows: Pentium D 805 clocked at 2.66 GHz, equipped with two processor cores both with 64 bit support. At your friendly neighborhood retailer you can pick up this secret weapon for pocket change - right now, for example, it's available at newegg.com for just under $130. We were quite amazed as the first performance figures emerged from our test labs: stable operation was possible at 4.1 GHz, and without even the need for substantial boosts to cooling!
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meTags: None -
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
This is nice for people used to tweaking their computer. But there is the downside. Anything above 4ghz they recommend water cooling. And the power consumption is ridiculous (250w). Then you have to have the right motherboard. So a new power supply, a new motherboard and adding water cooling will cost a good amount. Plus you have to hope you don't burn your chip up in the process. -
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
I saw this same cpu for sale at the local Fry's for $119 with a motherboard this year.Comment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
well worth it if you're into that shit and can do it. If not, don't worry, it's not like you're missing out on the next major revolution or something
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
even if you're not... it's TOTALLY worth it to nose-dive into it. Processing Power + Cost Savings = Makes Jack an interesting Modderwww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
If you don't know what you're doing or don't even have the inclination to OC this multi-processor chip, I would definitely not bite into this. It's a POS at stock and we all know that. It's a stripped down, dual core minus all of the extras in the higher models. Don't kid yourself, it's only good if you OC it.Comment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
that would be the sole purpose to buy it esp if you're in the market for a new comp and you're pretty good with DIY tasksOriginally posted by beanzncheezDon't kid yourself, it's only good if you OC it.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
Well duh. We know that. But how many people here would actually buy it and OC it as high as possible? C'mon now. Don't kid yourself.Comment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
Kamal...Gigantic thanks to you for letting us know about this. It really makes my mouth water for when I get ready to make my own PC. I need to buy a mac first though. G5 Imac if you know anyone that is looking to sell theirs.Comment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
Btw, if you really want to find out this info. must faster then go to places like hardocp, anandtech, dailytech and the numerous OC boards all over the net.
I'd suggest going to mercuryengine but no one knows shit around there.
Comment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
not with them tumbleweeds blowing around
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
aren't you the spamwhore on that boardOriginally posted by beanzncheezBtw, if you really want to find out this info. must faster then go to places like hardocp, anandtech, dailytech and the numerous OC boards all over the net.
I'd suggest going to mercuryengine but no one knows shit around there.
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
I'm one of the few that actually knows more than CTRL + ALT + DEL.
Comment
-
Re: 4.1 Ghz Dual Core Process for under $130 ??????????
format c: I hear works wellFM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment