thanks for listening
track i am working on
Collapse
X
-
Production track i am working on
its a work in progress, some feedback would be nice.. .
thanks for listening
Last edited by ShawnD64; June 28, 2006, 08:48:05 PM.Tags: None -
Re: track i am working on
the beginning is sweet, i love the sounds, then the bass drum kicks in and it's OK, could use a bit more ommph, but that snare is the bad part of the track, it really sounds kinds thin and boring, you should try layering sounds together, like two to four bass drums along with two or more snares, it really helps the sound to become more full. Go get yourself a Computer Music Magazine or Future Music, as they will help your productions quite a bit.
It's a nice early groove song, kinda like something you'd like to hear early in the morning. I love the synth line in it too. Nice melody, it's good not to make your melody so complex that people can't remember it.
All in all, I give it a thumbs up. -
Re: track i am working on
thanks jeff
glad you liked it
yea, the kick was just a simple 909 from a sampler ... and same with the snare.
so i didnt put much work into that... but that can always be changed.... thanks for the input
Comment
-
Re: track i am working on
Jeff hit it on the head, so I really have nothing to add... just wondering what you put it together in?rhansonian@gmail.comComment
-
Re: track i am working on
logic pro 7Originally posted by rhanson187Jeff hit it on the head, so I really have nothing to add... just wondering what you put it together in?
reaktor
thats all i used on this. tried to think of any free synths i used and i am pretty sure i only used logic synths and reaktor...
Comment
-
Re: track i am working on
damn wish I had logic pro 7. I'm using ableton for my stuff right now. Perhaps one day I'll get logic for all those bad ass pulg-ins they have.Comment
-
Re: track i am working on
hey, I listened to it too. I liked it. Some things I thought you could tweak a little bit, though. The main synth (the higher pitched one that sounded most like a flute) was a little bit boring, sonically. What I mean is, the sound of the instrument itself was kind of drab, and made the song sound 'thin' to me. Overall it sounded a bit to 'thin' if that even makes sense. I just felt there was a lot of range of sound you could have used up...
btw just my opinion I'm no expert! Keep up the good work, though, and write some more songs and post them here.Comment
-
Re: track i am working on
now he didn't like that sound while I thought it was an interesting sound. just shows you that we all can't like the same stuff, and thank God for that one. Cause life would be really boring if we did.Comment
-
Re: track i am working on
yes logic is fukking sweetOriginally posted by jeffrey collinsdamn wish I had logic pro 7. I'm using ableton for my stuff right now. Perhaps one day I'll get logic for all those bad ass pulg-ins they have.
i can see why you think that sound seems thin. on my monitors it sounds boss, but other places i listen after did not sound as good. i will keep on work on me tunes, thanks for the info guys...Originally posted by groffhibbitzhey, I listened to it too. I liked it. Some things I thought you could tweak a little bit, though. The main synth (the higher pitched one that sounded most like a flute) was a little bit boring, sonically. What I mean is, the sound of the instrument itself was kind of drab, and made the song sound 'thin' to me. Overall it sounded a bit to 'thin' if that even makes sense. I just felt there was a lot of range of sound you could have used up...
btw just my opinion I'm no expert! Keep up the good work, though, and write some more songs and post them here.
and jeff i posted here so you guys would tell me EXCTALLY what to do to complete it
i will take all your comments into account and post an updated version. i just finished moving to boston, and will be starting a new job so... i may be a while before i can get to it
Comment
-
Re: track i am working on
boston hey? nice.Comment
-
Re: track i am working on
fixed kik an snare. still no way near done. but with work and shit i have been busy.
i uploaded this for my brother to hear, so i figured i would change the link here
*edit* that link was fucked, now fixedLast edited by ShawnD64; June 28, 2006, 08:48:33 PM.Comment
-
Re: track i am working on
thank you very much guys
i have to ditch the melody, as i have put this on cm/fm as well and they dont like it either. (some of you liked it)
i am going to work on something else throughout the week and post a finished copy when i am done. thanks again for all the kind words... very motivating to get nice feedback
Comment
-
Re: track i am working on
ok, updated again... ditched the melody and added some new stuff.
if you have a chance let me know what you think
www.scdmusic.com/silence_is_deafining.mp3Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,522
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment