the second goal was Terry's fault. he mis-timed his jump for the header
World Cup 2006
Collapse
X
-
Re: World Cup 2006
Originally posted by peloquin
the second goal was Terry's fault. he mis-timed his jump for the headerblack is the new black www.mercuryserver.com -
Re: World Cup 2006
I agree.Originally posted by rarcia00lets all hope that Brazil doesnt make it to the finals, Im sick and tired of their same shit, go Argentina
I have family in Argentina and have been a fan of their team since I was 3 so it would be nice to see them win again.
As for the US game and the BS calls the refs made, simply put, they were a shitty team this time and given some bullshit treatment by the officiating. I wouldn't be surprised if it is due to the fact that the entire world dislikes us because of Bush. Either way, you take that penalty away and it would have been a tie and they still would be going home.
Lets start to look foward on the 2nd round. New threads need to be made for each game and single elimination makes it all that much better.
No Soup for YouOriginally posted by MiroslavIt's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .Comment
-
Re: World Cup 2006
As far as the US team's performance, I regret that their downfall was attributed to the fact that they allowed the player to stay and see their wives during the matches. You can quote me on this:Originally posted by speciale
As for the US game and the BS calls the refs made, simply put, they were a shitty team this time and given some bullshit treatment by the officiating. I wouldn't be surprised if it is due to the fact that the entire world dislikes us because of Bush. Either way, you take that penalty away and it would have been a tie and they still would be going home.
"Too much love making, makes for poor match play." - Algy
On a more serious note, I knew the US would never be a true competitor in the cup matches, but it really pleased me to see them there with the greatest. About 11 years ago I started playing soccer. In fact, out of the county in my state, I attended school out of a hand full that started to play the sport; remember, it was so new here, especially in a rural area where I grew up. The sport was so new to our country and there were allot of hurdles to conquer. I remember the frustration of knowing how to lead an offside trap, but the officials, whom primarily officiated football and baseball were clueless!
My dad wanted me to play Football, standing at 6' 3" and an even 200lbs, I stuck with soccer instead, fullback and stopper. I played in school, military (to include matches in Spain, Germany, Italy and Africa), university, corporate league and even with kids in a park while retiring to a walk with family.
I can detect much resistance with the US involvement in the Cup and world competitions. In short, I don't really care about the US winning the world in the sport, but I do care about the sport winning the US. I've been through too many strikes in Baseball, Hockey and over paid Football players that charge over $100-200 to attend a game. Our MLS players are fucking average Americans that made it by hard work and an honest commitment to the fans.
You can bash us, you can red card us, but remember there are fans of the sport like me… and who knows.. lets see what the US team looks like in 50 years after supports like me stick behind them for the long haul.
Your average American,
-AlgyLast edited by algy; June 23, 2006, 02:36:24 PM.=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Too much love making, makes for poor match play." - AlgyComment
-
Re: World Cup 2006
^^^ http://webmaster.zattevrienden.be/bloot221.htm
only with the women (come to think of it, the US team played like a bunch of dykes as well
)
Comment
-
Re: World Cup 2006
^^^ I like a woman who likes to play with balls.
As for the US, its over. They need to get better leadership and discipline. They have none. Maybe the next World Cup, the US wont be so hated by everyone since we will have a new president at that time.No Soup for YouOriginally posted by MiroslavIt's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .Comment
-
Re: World Cup 2006
That Match between the aussies and croations was brilliant last night.. Happy that the Australias will be going through cause they really deserved it
Comment
-
Re: World Cup 2006
by the way who caught the 3 yellow cards that the croat simunic got yesterday against australia? he got one in the 62nd minute and then another one in the 90th minute and you could see everyone was waiting for the ref to give him a red card. then just to tempt the ref even further, he fouled again in the 93rd minute, getting his 3rd yellow and getting sent off the field.
cant believe something like this happens at such a level!.
by the way srna's free kick was splendid!Comment
-
Re: World Cup 2006
^^^ that ref wont be refing any time soonNo Soup for YouOriginally posted by MiroslavIt's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .Comment
-
Re: World Cup 2006
there has been a bit of a fuss.. he's pretty much definately going home... he was one of the leading candidates to ref the final too.
embarrassing stuff really... but a lot of the refs have been. on the US ghana game merk gave that penalty, and gave yellow cards far too easily, i remember 3 that shouldnt have been bookings.Comment
-
Re: World Cup 2006
imho the team wont be far behind them, argentina i think will tear them appart, england are not performing as a teamOriginally posted by TomTom*cough cough* the referee was from England. I know at least somebody who's coming home now.
the media will rip the piss out of him, he probibly already packing but what got me about the whole situation was that no 1 stopped and said that this guy had alreay had a yellow card and i thought that the ref now had an earpiece connection with the fourth official etcOriginally posted by peloquinthere has been a bit of a fuss.. he's pretty much definately going home... he was one of the leading candidates to ref the final too.
embarrassing stuff really... but a lot of the refs have been. on the US ghana game merk gave that penalty, and gave yellow cards far too easily, i remember 3 that shouldnt have been bookings.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,208
Posts: 1,238,520
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment