-e-
480 P / 480 I / 720 / 1080 ??
Collapse
X
-
480 P / 480 I / 720 / 1080 ??
fucking buying a DVD player has become like doing your GRE..... there's so much shit flying around.... now something else called the FAROUJDA scaler / interlacer is becoming prominent...... I just recently bought a dvd player and am still within my 30 days for an upgrade..... anyone got a good recommendation for an awesome DVD player which can also UPSCALE regular 480i signals to 1080 ???
-e-www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meTags: None -
Yep. Pioneer is nice. I have a Sony, yet I think I am going to upgrade to Pioneer on my other system.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
ok so I finally researched this issue ALL MORNING (go work) and found this beauty...... (for anyone who's interested)
while it looks IDENTICAL to the samsung 841 (what I just bought), the 941 (from the link) has the Faroudja's DCDi (Directional Correlation Deinterlacing) technology (which my 841 doesnt).
Also I just got the Sony KV-30HS420 wide screen TV and it doesnt have DVI inputs but HDMI. The 841 comes with DVI which was a bummer and an added $119 cable to convert from DVI to HDMI. But thats history with 941 DVD player because it comes standard with HDMI - DVI adapter...
BEST FEATURE ON BOTH PLAYERS - The player upconverts standard-definition material (480i, what we have on conventional TV) to enhanced- and high-definition quality (480p, 720p, 768p, or 1080i, depending on your HDTV).
Unfortunately, the player doesnt come out until September end so now I'm just gonna return the 841 and grab the 941 when its out
-e-www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re:: 480 P / 480 I / 720 / 1080 ??
I personally like region free DVD players. Try these guys they might have your model, but it will play DVD's from anywhere in the world.
Comment
-
Re:: 480 P / 480 I / 720 / 1080 ??
dude, you wouldn?t believe the increasing of picture-i watch my DVD's with my Sony PS2
quality when using a regular DVD-player.
(Read tests).
No mention of the audio-quality, which isn?t that good, too
on the PS2...

Comment
-
Re:: 480 P / 480 I / 720 / 1080 ??
I watch my DVDS on the computerOriginally posted by Chatterbotdude, you wouldn?t believe the increasing of picture-i watch my DVD's with my Sony PS2
quality when using a regular DVD-player.
(Read tests).
No mention of the audio-quality, which isn?t that good, too
on the PS2...


i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re:: 480 P / 480 I / 720 / 1080 ??
Yep.It also really depends on the quality of TV u got.
And the kind of connection used.
Most peeps that use the PS2 to watch DVD are only
using Composite-signals (yellow chinch) or S-Video.
RGB-connection would increase the quality even on a PS2...
Comment
-
Re:: 480 P / 480 I / 720 / 1080 ??
if your TV does not support the technology, then none of the above will matter.... I figured out a lot about this shit since I've been investigating which one to get.....
480i for interlaced is supposedly poorer in quality than 480p (as is progressive scan) so even if you have a progreessive scan player, it wont make that great a difference because as I understood it, most dvd's are in native 480i
The numbers stand for the resolution i.e. number of lines..... I dont think there is anything (as far as I've researched) that does 1080p but I know that 1080i isn't too far ahead
so make sure your TV can display digital formats to use the above resolutions.....
the good thing about the samsung is that its the only player so far that does the upscaling from 480 - 1080. While This doesn't necessarily produce sharper images (esp on the samsung 841) since the source image is low rez, with the Faroudja's DCDi chip on the Samsung 941, it will do a damn fine job in improving image quality
-e-www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re:: 480 P / 480 I / 720 / 1080 ??
The kind of connection matters in every case.Do all those numbers and Progressive Scan matter if you are watching through a Sony TV from 1999-2000?
Digital would be best, followed by YUV (3*BNC), followed
by RGB, then S-Video and (worst quality) Composite.
You can increase the colours displayed and the sharpness when
changing to a higher connection-level, even on an older TV.
In your case, RGB would be the best connection.
@Encryption:
DVDs have a bigger resolution than the TV-signal (which has actually 480 lines NTSC, I think).
That?s why DVDs look better and sharper than TV.
Here in Germany PAL-DVDs got 576 lines resolution.
A progressive-scan-player needs a TV or Projector which can handle
the prog signals.
And if you have the equipment, progscan makes a HUGE difference,
especially when de-interlaced via Faroudja.
I actually own a projector which is prog-scan connected.
Great picture....

EDIT:
This guy explains how it all works...:

Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment