saw this about a year ago, must agree this is a great flick.
City Of God
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: City Of God
I just watched the Special Feature on this DVD called "News From a Personal War"
Anybody who has this DVD needs to pull it out and watch the special feature. It's a 1-hour long documentary about the violence between the favela drug dealers and the Rio police force. The Rio Chief of Police speaks for quite a bit and says some crazy shit
Hélio Luz (Chief of Police): I'll say it myself. The police are corrupt. The institution was designed to be violent and corrupt. And the people think that's odd. Why do I say it was designed this way? Because it was created to protect the State and the elite. I practice law enforcement to protect and serve the status quo; no beating around the bush. It keeps the favela [slum] under control. How do you keep two million people under control; people who make R$112 (USD$61) a month, when they make any? How do you keep the underprivileged under control and calm?
interviewer: With repression?
Hélio Luz: Of course! How else would it be?
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,513
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment