I'm addicted
Wikipedia
Collapse
X
-
Wikipedia
Does anyone else out there frequent Wikipedia as much as I do? I frequent it about as much as I do MS or MySpace, and I just can't stop reading articles on it. I'll hear something I want to know about, or just look at links on their daily portal, and eventually follow links to read shit/bookmark for a later reading. very interesting reading imo.
I'm addicted
Tags: None -
Re: Wikipedia
with ya there.
wiki and popular science will teach you something everyday.
my favorite is how they go out of their way to be fair and give all the meanings of a word in a serious manner. like here
urban dictionary is great too.
and you're on urban dictionary if i remember correctly.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero. -
Re: Wikipedia
I often go there to get informed, but I sometimes wonder about how correct the info there is. Not that I've come across mistakes yet, but since anyone can write an article on anything, I often get sceptical... Dunno if anybody else has this too...Comment
-
Re: Wikipedia
if any false information/information tampering is found in an article, the article is locked down to only registered/tenured members. regardless, I'd still rather know 90% correct information on a subject than know 0% information on a subjuctComment
-
Re: Wikipedia
you can write anything, but thier editors wont put it up. and in regards to conflicting items, they are very very fair about it, showing both sides of the arguement and giving you a warning about it. check out how they handle isreal's conflicts and WW2.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Re: Wikipedia
yea, it's what the web is all about these days
wikipedia - google - urbandictionary - ms -
it's got what you need!
also youtube is great
and don't forget to use firefox!Comment
-
Re: Wikipedia
Ditto, great starting point to look up anything I come across. regarding the quality, I guess that since anyone can write/edit there is kind of a peer review that should keep the content improving and mistakes being corrected.NicomaxComment
-
Re: Wikipedia
i used to think wikipedia was stupid (i dont know why) then latley like 3 months ago... i started seraching thru wikipedia... i found everything that i was thinking about... it was really weird, i was having thoughts going from point to point of different thoughts. and i tried to search thru wikipedia as that was happening, IT HAD EVERYTHING. So now i visit wikipedia daily, theres always something that i just want to know.
"Must know EVERYTHING"Comment
-
Re: Wikipedia
I use it for school all the time....I think it is a great tool. It helps in understanding what some of my text books are trying to say.sigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
-
Re: Wikipedia
I go there for some major laughs on what the kids today think is cool like "rock". WTF do they know about rock these days?
Comment
-
Re: Wikipedia
I love the end of the douchebag entry...
For example, a guy who dresses up like a basketball player, but is actually a horrible athlete would be more likely to be called a douchebag than a person who makes no pretense of being good at basketball, but is just as bad at sports.http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic
You can't have manslaughter without laughter.
"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment