If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Ok well just saw it there and have to say it was...... Lame
Agreed the movie was shot well but the plot was weak and the film seemed to lose itself for about an hour. To much lovey dovey shit and not enough action, this was a general feeling of the 12 people i saw it with.
Another dissapointing summer movie for me.. ah well.
I liked it a lot. I thought the gunfight at the end was amazing. Otherwise the style and visuals were top notch. I was not a fan of the Chinese actress though, she was dull not sexy in the least. My one other nit-pick was that it was a bit formulaic based on Collateral. Other than that I definitely liked it more than you guys.
Ok well just saw it there and have to say it was...... Lame
Agreed the movie was shot well but the plot was weak and the film seemed to lose itself for about an hour. To much lovey dovey shit and not enough action, this was a general feeling of the 12 people i saw it with.
Another dissapointing summer movie for me.. ah well.
what do you expect with the tools that they have playing crocket and tubbs
Originally posted by Miroslav
It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
ahh i dunno i think colin farrell has been good in a couple of movies hes done, never like j.foxx but even they couldnt pull the movie out of the quicksand. Sure the gunfight was good but cmon it was the first bit of action in a 2hour movie and then it was over.
and it is not the same without Edward James Olmos as Lieutenant Castillo
Originally posted by Miroslav
It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
ahh i dunno i think colin farrell has been good in a couple of movies hes done, never like j.foxx but even they couldnt pull the movie out of the quicksand. Sure the gunfight was good but cmon it was the first bit of action in a 2hour movie and then it was over.
Pure shite thinking back on it now.
I'll admit there few too many slow parts, but to say the finale was the first part of action is totally wrong. The sniper in the beginning? The scene where the raided the trailor? Gina poppig the white supremest? This what you get with a realistic action film, thankfully avoiding the typical cliches of a million police cars piling up and chases through the streets where vegetable stands get knocked over.
If you don't like Foxx that is really on you because he is a best actor Oscar winner and has really not had a single bad performance. I wasn't a Farrell fan going in but I thought he nailed the role. I agree about James Almos, no reason he couldn't not have played Castillo, but you can keep Don Johnson and Phillip Michael Thomas.
I'll admit there few too many slow parts, but to say the finale was the first part of action is totally wrong. The sniper in the beginning? The scene where the raided the trailor? Gina poppig the white supremest? This what you get with a realistic action film, thankfully avoiding the typical cliches of a million police cars piling up and chases through the streets where vegetable stands get knocked over.
If you don't like Foxx that is really on you because he is a best actor Oscar winner and has really not had a single bad performance. I wasn't a Farrell fan going in but I thought he nailed the role. I agree about James Almos, no reason he couldn't not have played Castillo, but you can keep Don Johnson and Phillip Michael Thomas.
Kobe do u honestly feel for an action movie there was enough action in it though? For me the final gun battle was the first decent bit of Action in the whole movie.. I think michael mann got too arty farty with the movie and should have stuck to what the fans wanted.
Movies like Miami vice need bigass stunts with speedboats flying through the air and gunbattles through the streets of Miami.. I wanted the movie tobe more like a story from Grand Theft Auto. Ok well heres an example of action, Very low budget and only 15mins long. Shot behind a greenscreen in dublin. This is the kinda gritty over the top action i like to see..
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment