hmrpaH!
Psssssssst... wanna hear a secret?
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: Psssssssst... wanna hear a secret?
It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Re: Psssssssst... wanna hear a secret?
Cowardly....I met a heap of likeminded people of yours in Ghana this summer. Everytime I got dragged into such a religious discussion I had to think of you, lol
Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.
There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -HemingwayComment
-
Re: Psssssssst... wanna hear a secret?
glad i could make such an imression!
There is a man i know who has spent some time in Ghana and he said that almost everyone he talked to was interested in religion. Seems like the harvest is plenty but the workers are few. Perhaps I should take a vacation there
Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.Comment
-
Re: Psssssssst... wanna hear a secret?
hahahha!
Cowardly, in all honesty: where the church has been a liberating and revolutionary force in Latin America, in Africa it always has been more of a burden to the people. The best example are some of those popular preachers in Nigeria, drawing stadiums full of people to listen to their sermons and donating heas of cash. Afterwards (I saw a video about this), the postal bags wit money are loaded into the spreacher's Benz stretched limo, and hauled off. The guy lives in a multi-million dollar estate...this is the behaviour that makes the church not an asset to Africa, but a plague.
It's the common man there that is the true believer: he who has nothing and still trusts his god IMO.
Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.
There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -HemingwayComment
-
Re: Psssssssst... wanna hear a secret?
Rich people have a tendency to think they do not need God. 1/8 of Jesus' teaching was about the use of money. The "common man" as you put it understands the concept of look for the reward later better than people who have their reward in this life.hahahha!
Cowardly, in all honesty: where the church has been a liberating and revolutionary force in Latin America, in Africa it always has been more of a burden to the people. The best example are some of those popular preachers in Nigeria, drawing stadiums full of people to listen to their sermons and donating heas of cash. Afterwards (I saw a video about this), the postal bags wit money are loaded into the spreacher's Benz stretched limo, and hauled off. The guy lives in a multi-million dollar estate...this is the behaviour that makes the church not an asset to Africa, but a plague.
It's the common man there that is the true believer: he who has nothing and still trusts his god IMO.
Well as I have stated before there is a difference in some yoyo using religion to gain for himself and the church that Jesus purchased with his blood.
As for it being a burden on Africa I can only tell of what the people who have gone there tell me. This man I know is a member of my congregation and has been there and reports back to the church that is was the most receptive place he has ever been as far as people wanting to learn the gospel.Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.Comment
-
Re: Psssssssst... wanna hear a secret?
I must agree with his statement Cowardly, it is indeed one of the most receptive places when it comes to religion in general. While not everyone is an active believer, it is impossible for them to hear that someone doesn't believe in some deity.Rich people have a tendency to think they do not need God. 1/8 of Jesus' teaching was about the use of money. The "common man" as you put it understands the concept of look for the reward later better than people who have their reward in this life.
Well as I have stated before there is a difference in some yoyo using religion to gain for himself and the church that Jesus purchased with his blood.
As for it being a burden on Africa I can only tell of what the people who have gone there tell me. This man I know is a member of my congregation and has been there and reports back to the church that is was the most receptive place he has ever been as far as people wanting to learn the gospel.
So the people may be receptive, but it's simply that the church is merely there spreading the faith but also collecting a lot of money which could've been used better IMO. Not enough dividend for the communities coming from the raised funds, and that should change. And where the church can be an agent of a self-conscious and strong civil society, in Africa it has always sided with the govt rather than against it, unlike South America. It's very typical, and worth to read into this phenomenon if you're interested...Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.
There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -HemingwayComment
-
Re: Psssssssst... wanna hear a secret?
I am interested. Any suggestions where to start looking?
The Church of Christ does not solicit funds. In the early church of the first century while Paul was still alive, the church was told to lay in store the first day of the week. Then there are other writings that tell us what to do with the money (aside from paying bills, electricity, water, rent etc.) and lining the pockets of the preacher is not included in the stewrdship of money. It is a shame that people do this. It is to their own demise though. There is only one pure seed of Christ's church and it does not participate in such ungodly works of mankind.
You will never see a faithful Church of Christ asking for money through any means other than the collection plate Sunday morning. There is no TV, newspaper, on the street, or over the phone solicitaion.
It always bothers me to see people asking for money in the name of God, outside the method authorized by God.
Anyway, I am going to do a google but if you know any websites I can look into then please post them.Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.Comment
-
Re: Psssssssst... wanna hear a secret?
I'll try, since most of my knowledge of this comes through academic books on politics in South-America - I'll try to look up the titles of any books that I can find and see if I can find some well-informed internet sites, though that might prove more difficult.Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.
There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -HemingwayComment
-
Re: Psssssssst... wanna hear a secret?
I read lots of books that is no problem. I have free time at work
Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment