I prefer Digweed than Sasha... but both are awsome... are my fav..
What has happend to Sasha!!!
Collapse
X
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
I prefer Digweed than Sasha... but both are awsome... are my fav..
They are the Best in this world... I can't explain it... :P Only understand it.
https://www.facebook.com/adriangarzaofficial
Adrian Garza (@adriangarza) | Twitter
https://soundcloud.com/adrian-garza
Adrian Garza | Mixcloud
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
Sasha played in Cyprus last week and everyone went crazy!!!!!I haven't attempted the event unfortunately but the people who went say its the best event of the year so far...........Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
I tink all humans have bad days. maybe he just have a bad dayWhat the hell has happend to Sasha!!!
He just to be my favorite all time DJ, I've seen him play 5 times... the last one was shameful. I remember the 2 first parties I saw him he had a complete different attitude, he seemed to be enjoying the party 100%, for almost 6 hours. Last time he just played for 3 and a half hours
and he did not even look at the crowd. Is he going Tiesto? Is he going rockstar?Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
I really dont have a clue what are most of you talking about,
Sasha+maven=
Sasha has never been better ,his way with ableton is amazing, fantasty....
On the other side, that that he is not so into people like he was before is true,he is 36 years old...All the traveling can make a man very tired,so i cant lay against him on that....
I listened to him 2 this year and every time he was f.... great.....
Avalon is great cd, great tunes,mixing skills,everything.....
Hoping to see sasha again very soon...Always look at the bright side of life !!!Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
Before I continue, I have to point out that Involver is a masterpiece. But having said that, I haven't heard one good set or compilation since he's been using his maven. I saw him last year in Melbourne, and wasn't impressed at all. I mean, alot of his tracks indivdually are great (or atleast have potential). You can't deny his sound now is drastically different, and I think that's a good thing... but I think his programming is lacking alot. Some may find that hard to swallow, but his sets dont go anywhere.
Digweed at the moment (and possibly always) is by far the best. His latest release on renaissance is amazing, and in my opinion the compilation of the year thus far. Compare that to Sasha's digital avalon release. Even though its a live set and you can't entirely compare... the only part I liked about it was the intro and first track. Because his using ableton, "mixing skills" are pretty much irrelevant, and because of this, you'd expect some better track selection and programming.
His earlier stuff is great though, and I have faith in him to come through in flying colours. And when he does, I think Sasha and Digweed should join forces and release a compilation like that of northern exposure (if that's even possible)
I now await attacks
Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
Actually, even though I like most of what he?s done since he started using Ableton, I do agree with you in that what really matters with Sasha (and, at least to me, with any DJ) is just that : track selection, programming and sequencing.Digweed at the moment (and possibly always) is by far the best. His latest release on renaissance is amazing, and in my opinion the compilation of the year thus far. Compare that to Sasha's digital avalon release. Even though its a live set and you can't entirely compare... the only part I liked about it was the intro and first track. Because his using ableton, "mixing skills" are pretty much irrelevant, and because of this, you'd expect some better track selection and programming.
I now await attacks
So congratulations on having a fair and balanced view and not just whining "boohoo, he uses a computer, boohoo why doesn?t he go back to vinyl, oh how I miss the old days..."
Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
i agree with kinetic, nikolic & ithink.
Let's not forget about one more factor -perhaps, not the most important/relevant to this subject, but definitely a big one: he is married now.
Those lucky ones of you who are recently married won't let me lie on this: you are not the same anymore. For bad or good (worse might say a few ones) you change, not only your marital status nor the way your friends sense you are changed. You change.
You change. Evolve, Progress. You name it. It's our nature. Thank God the djs i like do change as well. Thanks to that fact, they don't sound the same year after year. Thank God, electronic music/scene is a continuum of changes.n e w h o u s e g e n e r a t i o n.
sigpic customizable gig apparel.Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
We can discuss for days about sasha, but that cant change the fact that he is changed in almost everything.
Start with music ,i agree with nikolic ,his music is changed a lot ( to me evolved), its all about tast ,some1 liked him in old days,someone now (me
)...
But i dont agree that his mixes are going no where. Name one of his latest mixes that was bad, beside that in wmc (which is not bad ,just hes different,you know).
You cant say that avalon live is a bed mix cant you????Always look at the bright side of life !!!Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
.........Last edited by etincelles; March 24, 2010, 02:40:13 PM.Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
sasha is still da man
i thought it went a bit pear shaped for 2 or 3 years there - I just relied on older sets to get my fix-but now seems to be playing musical journeys again and thankfully has dispensed with the muzak.
keep 'er lit sasha
thats what i sayComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment