Also I just bought a Behringer BCF2000 controller and was wondering if anyone has any presets (factory or made) for the controller that they find useful for effects
DJ'ing with Ableton
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: DJ'ing with Ableton
Hey there. I am doing this now. I have spent the last two months recording most of my vinyl onto my computer, and buying a few digital tracks. Then I warped a lot of stuff (didn't take as long as I thought actually)....
so anyways, I don't use the crossfader. I have Live running on my laptop, and have a Echo Indigo sound card that has two 1/8" stereo outputs, so I connect one to my amp, and the other I use as 'monitors.' So I have the master out to the amp, and the monitor channel going to my headphones.
I also have a 3 band eq on each channel. Right now, that is enough for me, because all my controllers are broken or still on order. It is kind of difficult to control everything with the mouse! But I would want to maybe add some filters on the channels, or use a different sound card with more outputs, then send separate channels to a mixer to eq them with the mixer instead of within ableton.
That Behringer looks pretty cool, and seems like a decent price. I haven't used it myself. I've set up some midi mappings in ableton myself, before my controller broke. Basically mapping volume, and eq, clip launching, and having a separate section to start a loop and set the beginning and end of the loop.
Also there are a few things that either I haven't figured out how to do, or that live can't do though, like having midi send data to switch between clips, or switch views between clip view and channel view.
I think you should check out this site http://createdigitalmusic.com/ where they review all sorts of new products that are forcontrolling and manipulating your music for live performance. I have found a ton of cool gear that would be great to use for live Live control (although can't afford any of it yet! Got to stop going out to bars so much!)
anyways that's where I am at. Of course there are ableton live forums too, but for now I haven't read them much . There seems to be a lot of people that just argue off topic a lot about music or whatnot. -
-
Re: DJ'ing with Ableton
Is there a way, to use a regular mixer and somehow integrate that into Ableton.
Instead of using a controller that controls eq?
Also, for interest... what would be the best controller for basic DJing with ableton? launching clips, eq adjustments etc.Comment
-
-
Re: DJ'ing with Ableton
Prob a Novation Zero SL or Bitstream 3X IMO, the BCR2000 is very popular too.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment