If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Re: Sasha & Digweed - Guests on Triple J Mixup (21-Oct-2006)
Good sets ... Sasha > Digweed, but Digger's set, 15mins onwards is vortex material as others have pointed out
Originally posted by DIDI
I'll be trying!! Grant sometimes comes to Melbourne, if he could record this it would be fabulous!! Melbourne gig should be the best. The venue has been renovated and is equal to anything in the world. Fabulous layout, big without being cavenous ,and best of all GREAT sound!! It's on 6th Nov.
I'm down for that! Tell me QBH has fixed up its sound system ... the last time I caught Sasha there, the speakers were terrible. Couldn't even dance cos the bass was so diffused!
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
Re: Sasha & Digweed - Guests on Triple J Mixup (21-Oct-2006)
Originally posted by sakio pod
enjoy your aussie tour
pics and vids nothing else nothing more
except a full recording
I'm taking my camera to the melbourne gig. i'll upload high quality photos. i'll record some video too, but i dunno how good the footage will come out. photos for sure though.
Re: Sasha & Digweed - Guests on Triple J Mixup (21-Oct-2006)
Originally posted by feather
Good sets ... Sasha > Digweed, but Digger's set, 15mins onwards is vortex material as others have pointed out
I'm down for that! Tell me QBH has fixed up its sound system ... the last time I caught Sasha there, the speakers were terrible. Couldn't even dance cos the bass was so diffused!
Actually I didn't think Sasha was that great anyway that night. Qbh could be hit and miss with sound I think they had a reasonabler systerm that wasn't being used properly sometimes, It's now called Queensbridge and I can't tell you how impressed I am !! The sound is truly awesome!!!!
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
Re: Sasha & Digweed - Guests on Triple J Mixup (21-Oct-2006)
Originally posted by Jibgolly
yet you download every one of them and post the same comment about every one of them.
if he sucks so badly why keep downloading his sets?
seriously i hate paul oakenfolds music, but i dont download every set of his and post how awful it is.
Easy spanky, i download them for the slim hopes that they will actually have a set that sounds somewhat decent. I was a huge fan of them from lets say 1999 till 2004 when they really played the best sounds around. The past years they have changed there sounds drastically and each time i download i am hoping that maybe they will have a set out that i actually enjoy.
Its amazing to me, dig and sasha could play country music and y'all would rant and rave how its the best thing u ever heard....
imo they are way past there prime....thank god for djs like garcia, kintar and rex and pretty much every dj that is form argenitna...at least they keep the top notch sounds alive.... I still cnat fathom how they have fell so far from playing the best sounds to playing the worst sounds.
Re: Sasha & Digweed - Guests on Triple J Mixup (21-Oct-2006)
Originally posted by DIDI
Actually I didn't think Sasha was that great anyway that night.
That was the gig before ADD and I think he played Cloud Cuckoo or something from ADD in the first half hour of his set. After which it all went downhill
Originally posted by chuckc
I was a huge fan of them from lets say 1999 till 2004 when they really played the best sounds around. The past years they have changed there sounds drastically and each time i download i am hoping that maybe they will have a set out that i actually enjoy.
Its amazing to me, dig and sasha could play country music and y'all would rant and rave how its the best thing u ever heard....
imo they are way past there prime....thank god for djs like garcia, kintar and rex and pretty much every dj that is form argenitna...
Sounds like you're after that deep/dark twisted prog stuff ...
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
Re: Sasha & Digweed - Guests on Triple J Mixup (21-Oct-2006)
Originally posted by chemicalbeavis
Actually i really enjoyed the set from his website recently but i just thought it was a shame that pretty much all the tracks in this set were from the set on his site. Can't get into Digweed lately at all, although the Transitions CD was excellent.
Funny because I thought that the Transition CD showcased his newer sound. I remember listening to his Kiss100 show early this year and hearing like Slok - Loney Child (Satoshi remix) and Derek Howell - Cram it up your cram hole... Now I am hearing more huggatron and some Get Physical lable type stuff. Seems to me like digweed went more minimal.
Just my thoughts.
However.. This set is full of floor killers... I love it.
Re: Sasha & Digweed - Guests on Triple J Mixup (21-Oct-2006)
Listening to the Digweed set again ... the later half is fucking madness.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
Re: Sasha & Digweed - Guests on Triple J Mixup (21-Oct-2006)
Originally posted by chuckc
Its amazing to me, dig and sasha could play country music and y'all would rant and rave how its the best thing u ever heard....
Somehow I don't think so... its always nice to undermine someone else's tastes though. I agree that Martin, Kintar & Rex are pushing the envelope, hell I love those guys.. but please everyone is free to like whomsoever they choose.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment