If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I haven't listened to them for a bit, just listened to Second Toughest in the Infants again, definately still one of my top 5 cd's, and one of my all time favourite bands ever. These guys are still amazin'. I can listen to Banstyle/Sappys Curry every day and not get sick of it, one of my favourite tunes ever.
I remember picking up Dubnobass when I was first getting into electronic music and it blew my mind, still an amazing piece of work. Too bad I never got to see them live.
Well I'm off to listen to Everything, Everything to remember how it could have been.
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
This thread comes out in a particular time for me...
I'm pretty desperate and counting the days to see them live for the first time, and on their first Southamerican tour. They'll be playing here in Buenos Aires less than two weeks from now and they've been coming out on every chat my friends and I have.
We've been thinking about how is gonna be as soon as they start playing... and we get crazy to think about the moment they play Born Slippy (THE HYMN!), or Jumbo, or Juanita... or any tune of them.
For me, this band and the chemical brothers go beyond electronic music. Because some friends of mine may not be into electronic music, but they "stand" either bands, and any records of them.
I've been watching the dvd way too many times these last couple of weeks.... and I just can't get enough of it.
And also the Cocoon set they did... playing more than 4 hours... it's been on my mp3 player refusing to be deleted.
^^ they did not play live 4 hours in the Cocoon sadly...Sven V?th played tracks inbetween and Underworld DJd as well and played one track live and the next one from CDR's. I have seen them twice live and owe every album they made plus a few ridiculous bootlegs and rare (in ancient times released) material and they never cease to amaze me. They have so much energy in their tracks and combine so many styles..effect is that their sound is unique and their tracks never wear off because they dish out new versions in every gig they play and they always invent themselves new. Every time a new album comes out it comes close to a religious thing for me...the day it gets released is like Christmas, Birthday and best day in your life on the same day...feeling like a little kid again when I can explore new Underworld material.
long read, short bottom line: Underworld are a gift and they ROCK
1. Thing Happens
2. St Pancras
3. Sad Amira
4. Monkey One
5. Not Talking
6. Hungerford Bridge
7. We Love Bea
8. Happy Toast
9. Monkey Two
10. Will And Amira
11. Primrose Hill
12. So Ree
13. Mending Things
14. Broken Entered
15. Piano Modal
16. Counterpoint Hang Pulse
Seen underworld live 3 times now, each time they blew me away, so much energy on stage and the crowd reactions are always amazing. Ibiza 2000 was the best show, the entire holiday was golden.
Thanks for the tip-off hos, hadnt even heard this was coming out.
The Cocoon set from a few weeks back is indeed very good. I too have all of their official album releases (and some other stuff)
Underworld are quality. Couldn't even tell you my favourite song of theirs, there are that many. Although Moaner is epic in a scary way if you get my meaning.
1. Thing Happens
2. St Pancras
3. Sad Amira
4. Monkey One
5. Not Talking
6. Hungerford Bridge
7. We Love Bea
8. Happy Toast
9. Monkey Two
10. Will And Amira
11. Primrose Hill
12. So Ree
13. Mending Things
14. Broken Entered
15. Piano Modal
16. Counterpoint Hang Pulse
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment