i'd rather just go back and listen to GU09...that's my fav from him...i'm the minority on that one.
What has happend to Sasha!!!
Collapse
X
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
i'd rather just go back and listen to GU09...that's my fav from him...i'm the minority on that one. -
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi HendrixComment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
I live in ny and have been listening to sasha since his twilo days. Obviously the person who wrote this post doest know what kind of genius sasha is. He has changed his SOUND, the new digital sound revolution has just begun. Have you noticed every dj copys his sound??... (Except digweed)=) Every dj takes sasha sound and mixes it with their own sound. For ex. Hernan cattaneo... he can camflouge it well b/c his funky/trancy beats are mixed in well. Eventhough Hernan's sound is more dominant, HE'S SOUND IS STILL INSPIRED by SASHA. I dont need to tell you more about other dj's that copy him. Sasha is still the BEST every dj follows what he produces. "SASHA IS MASTER OF REMIXES" - DigweedComment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
sasha & digweed are the best, they truely represent electronic dance music because they haven't sticked to only one sound but they have created an underground scene over the years of great electronic music (non-comercial stuff).Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
HAHAHAHAHAH! I have been listening to Sasha since the 1990's....back in those days....he REALLY tore a club apart...he seems to have lost his touch...but I have heard some sets that gives me the impression that he is on his way back up to the top! Diggers.....well....he has always kicked ass...not AS drastic as Sasha...
but I agree with Bragadas....HERNAN is DA MAN!!! followed closely by Sasha & Digweed.Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
Masterdam...sooo true...EVERYONE is embracing digital DJism after Sasha started the revolution...now I see Paul Van Dyk....Armin...and alot of OTHER DJs trying to do what Sasha has been doing ....Ableton and Maven.....GO SASHA!....on the same note...GO DIGWEED!Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
fuck that balding twat... and masterdam, how in the world were you attending twilo? you were 19 when it shut, were you going there when you were 14?your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
Platforms aside, it's what comes out of the speakers that matters. Having said that, Sasha's sets arent what they used to be, regardless of style or genre. However, what he's playing more recently I'm liking... hopefully more of what's to come.
Haven't listened to much Hernan stuff, but recently got some sets of his... and damn, i'll be getting more! I love the fusion of deep prog with newer genres. Keeping it fresh, and keeping it deep.Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
I saw these guys, too, sitting behind their laptop screen...sure, they'll work the mixer knobs, but I'm suspicious - I'm not even convinced that they actually even beatmatch anything they play.
could be wrong...correct me if so...mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
Mind you, I'm not opposed to people using ableton or any other technology in their live sets...as long as there is true artistic peformance going on. Else, we can just throw on a mix CD.mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
Personally, for me on stage, I have noticed that as a DJ...you are the entertainer! Crowds want to see the performer get into their music and sound. If you don't have the crowd interaction you might as well just put on a CD of the last set the DJ released and let it play. So you cant just say its all about the music. Because its not. People want and need that interaction to complete the journey or the story being told.
Honestly up here in Seattle, it is very difficult to see a truely amazing show from any DJ. Most of these clubs have horrible sound systems and low capacities. I can however say that the best show we had up here in 2006....wasn't Digweed or Sasha, it was hands down was Sharam show at Element.Comment
-
Re: What has happend to Sasha!!!
For those who criticizes Ableton...Involver wouldn't have been possible without ableton... that was the main tool sasha used to creat the cd. I agree that now many guys are using this because they dont need to beatmatch and I think that's shit but Sasha doesn't use the soft for this, he is able to do such amazing things with it an is always advanced he has a special talent.... those who say he has changed of course he has! or digweed hasnt? or anybody? Music changes all the time..and some of you could not love the new stuff so Its a matter of personal likes.
Like Digweed said "sasha is the master of musical mix"Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment