There are several security features included which are worth installing SP2. It?s not a demon or an enemy to fight against but you should better know the disadvantages and how you can get rid of the new features you don't need for your PC.
Service Pack 2
Collapse
X
-
Re:: Service Pack 2
There are several security features included which are worth installing SP2. It?s not a demon or an enemy to fight against but you should better know the disadvantages and how you can get rid of the new features you don't need for your PC. -
It is a demon I haven't heard good things and learning how to work the new features is not my fight.
"backup files so this can be uninstalled"
This shit should be airtight imo. I shouldn't be required to update if it could potentially need to be uninstalled.Comment
-
i havent installed it, normally i have that feature turned on where it automatically downloads stuff and asks me to click to install.... i havent seen that message for a while strangely, and all my hotfixes still say SP1, so i guess it isnt installed....Comment
-
i installed it and was presented with "microsoft security centre"
wtf do i need with this shit, i already have my own firewall / antivirus, why the fuck would i want this crap from microsoft? was i asked during setup "do you have your own security or would you like to install microsoft security centre?" was i fuck! Once again system restore saves the day 
oh, and it installed messenger 4.7, i thought the current version was 6.2? bastards!
Comment
-
so apparently the security centre can be disabled, anyone know if this is true and if so, how?
cheers.Comment
-
i have had no problems, except SP2 automatically installed windows media player 9 which contains spyware. i want my older version, spyware-free media player back!
i hear that it will mess-up older programs & some wireless devices. the pop-up blocker is terrific, better than any i have ever used. the firewall sux. disable & get a decent one.
overall, i think it's worth installing.sigpicComment
-
same here...
I think I had some corrupted or damaged files/bugs, etc. and when I put SP2 in it cleaned all of those up, plsu improved some performances on things...worth it in my book
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment