Im thinking maybe my box is getting too hot but I have 6 fans in the thing so maybe not.. Any suggestions on what might be causing this?
computer problems
Collapse
X
-
Production computer problems
My comp has been freezing randomly for some reason. I use cubase sx3 and vst plugins. My CPU usage is only around 40-50 percent and I have plenty of memory. Seems to be more frequent since I added a new audio interface.
Im thinking maybe my box is getting too hot but I have 6 fans in the thing so maybe not.. Any suggestions on what might be causing this?Tags: None -
Re: computer problems
i have the same problem, look on the web for audio tweaking you pc for production, helps alot, and also clear out rubbish on your pc, back all the stuuf you dont need and just keep a dedicated hard drive for your music with regular back-ups in case for a senarios.
Unplug anything on you pc like hardware that is not in use, over powering sockets is a major problem and i have seen my pc shutting down by itslef after overloading. Fixed by adding extension cables on different sockets in the wall. Minmize hardware that uses usb ports, not in use unplug.
Hope this helps.Comment
-
Re: computer problems
wow. 40-50%...i've been using live 6 and have yet to get past 20% and I've been laying on some heavy processors.Comment
-
Re: computer problems
I use insane amounts of vsts on a single project. Uses tons of power. I tried cutting off a couple of fans and that helped a little. I m gonna get a better power supply I think.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,522
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment