Is there a way to set them up so that iTunes knows which iPod it is and which music should be synched without just having separate iTunes accounts and duplicating any overlapping music? I can't imagine we're the first people to have this come up, but I don't see it on iTunes help anywhere...
Multiple iPod question
Collapse
X
-
Multiple iPod question
Hey, in the very near future, we're going to be a 2 iPod family -- my 80GB video, and my wife's 8GB nano. Is there a way to have 2 iPod's peacefully coexist on the same computer? I know she's not going to want to use up all her storage with EDM any more than I'm going to want to waste my storage on the latest Jessica Simpson "song," but there could be some overlap in our libraries.
Is there a way to set them up so that iTunes knows which iPod it is and which music should be synched without just having separate iTunes accounts and duplicating any overlapping music? I can't imagine we're the first people to have this come up, but I don't see it on iTunes help anywhere...Tags: None -
Re: Multiple iPod question
it shouldnt be a problem ... itunes only read whichever ipod thats currently plugged in .. u can have a shared library on itunes but its only whats dragged into ipod thats being stored on the deviceI broke my spoon on the viagra sundae. -
Re: Multiple iPod question
not that I know of.... if your iPod is "synced" with iTunes.... it's gonna be bye bye if you try and sync up the second iPod data.
When installing iTunes, leave the option that says "Automatically update" (or something along those lines) uncheckedwww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Multiple iPod question
i stopped using itunes since i found a great plugin for winamp.
now i sync my ipod with it and uninstalled itunes for good
http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo
Comment
-
Re: Multiple iPod question
I've come across a shareware program that lets you manage your itunes library, ie, have more than one library for different ipods.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Multiple iPod question
Well I have two ipods and they are both happy on my computer! As they are both mine I use the same playlists but you can make a separate playlist if you want. Which ever one you plug it will update to that ipod and I have both update and sync checked. Apparently you can now have two libraries thru Itunes but it's just as easy to just put them all in the same list of playlists and put what either of you want onto your ipods.
Apple site has information.
btw I could do screen shots of setup.The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Mutations presents Change The Music
Mutations (original show)
Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds
Comment
-
Re: Multiple iPod question
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment