If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I still think the first half of the mix is where it's at. So much cool shit happening there when you give it your attention. The ending is starting to grow on me, but its still all about the first half for me.
Have I mentioned I like the first half a lot?
"If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
Preordered my copy a couple of weeks ago. I have not heard any of the promo's going around either but the reviews I just get more pumped up to hear this mix. I want to be completely blown away the first time I hear this so I am going to wait until I get my copy in the mail before I listen to it.
I want to be completely blown away the first time I hear this
You won't be. It's alright i suppose, i've heard it twice and nothing really jumped out and grabbed me by the short and curlys (like roots for acid or on speck did). I'll give it a few more listens, see how it grows on me. I reckon transitions 1 is better - it's got more pep in it. If you cut the last 25 minutes off this cd, it could easily be a warm up into the first track of tranisitons vol. 1.
I disagree, now that I've listened to it more than a few times it only drops off for me after the 60 minute mark or so. Everything up to that point is shit hot.
After the 30 minute mark it sets a steady pace for itself which it doesn't deviate from until after the 1 hour point where thing pick up again.
I don't find this boring one bit. The problem for me with transitions 1 (although it is an awesome compilation) is that there were odd tracks here and there I just couldn't sit through and had to skip over, by the end of it whenever I'd put on the disc I'd only end up playing my favourites and that was it. This one is a complete listen for me with no skipping.
"If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
The problem for me with transitions 1 (although it is an awesome compilation) is that there were odd tracks here and there I just couldn't sit through and had to skip over, by the end of it whenever I'd put on the disc I'd only end up playing my favourites and that was it. This one is a complete listen for me with no skipping.
Very true. This mix is more of a soundscape that he's painting in front of you that takes an hour for him to create than a mix you can just "listen" to.
The more i hear it, the more it reminds of q6's kiss mix earlier this year.
I agree with most people when saying this cd pisses all over Volume 1. I tried and tried to get into Volume 1, but it had no groove to it. But Volume 2 does it proper, the first half being the highlight for me.
Also scoop up Michael Mayer - Immer 2 if you enjoyed Transistions Volume 2, same groove and feel. The whole Kompakt line up is quality in all honesty, lot of good tunes coming from that way.
I was hoping that "Black Reel" track would make it on there - it just builds and builds when he plays it live.
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment