that thing has a LOT of knobs...great for tweakin. No way I'd pay that much for a controller though. Rather spend that money on a used CDJ-1000
M-Audio Torq
Collapse
X
-
Re: M-Audio Torq
that thing has a LOT of knobs...great for tweakin. No way I'd pay that much for a controller though. Rather spend that money on a used CDJ-1000 -
Re: M-Audio Torq
Ok... Now remember that, that price is MSRP. When available this will most likely retail for $600-$650 retail. Also, it comes with the full Torq software, not the lite version that comes with that X-Session Pro DJ Lab kit that M-audio is selling now. So... You get the full software plus a kick ass interface to boot, for half the price of one CDJ 1000. Read about the features this thing is capable of. All of the things that we have come to love about the CDJs are set up in one interface. Looping, 5 hot cues, effects out the ying yang, with plug-in capability. CDJ mode, vinyl mode, hybrid mode???, touch sensitive jog wheels that emulate the CDJ 1000. DUDE! Ok, here is the deal. I will be the guinea pig on this one. I was going to sell my mixer and get a DJM 400, but now I think I'm just going to pick this up and possibly sell everything I have... If it works as advertised. I will keep everyone posted. I don't even know when this puppy is going to be available yet.Comment
-
Re: M-Audio Torq
Caley, I understand completely! I have been looking at this software and others for transitioning into the digital world for a while. I have been skeptical to say the least because of the tactile feel that I'm used too. But... I started out with vinyl then moved exclusively to CDJ's like alot of people out there. The transition was scary at first but, I would not go back at this point. Of course, everybody likes what they like, I happend to be a person that loves something new. Knowbody, except for Allen & Heath, have developed a controller that looks like it could possibly be anywere as intuative to use as the real thing. And everybody knows that the 3D is major duckets! Bottom line is... the software is impressive compared to others out there. You seem to like it! Now the Xponent is the best for the $$$. I would give it a go! Hey it even works with Ableton and Tracktor!
Comment
-
Re: M-Audio Torq
speaking of Traktor, anyone take a look at Traktor Scratch?For your aural infusion of Caley:
http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
http://ultrawizardsword.net
RA: CaleyComment
-
Re: M-Audio Torq
What about these babies?


Out of all people, I didn´t expect Korg to get it right at their 1st attempt at a DJ mixer with MIDI capabilities, but these thing look stunning!
http://www.korg.com/gear/prod_info.asp?a_prod_no=Zero8&category_id=2
http://www.korg.com/gear/prod_info.asp?a_prod_no=Zero4&category_id=2Last edited by Kinetic; January 19, 2007, 12:45:32 PM.Comment
-
Re: M-Audio Torq
Ken, you wanna be the first for the piece of gear...go for it bro. I'm looking forward to hearing your reviews of it. And to hearing your mixes from it.Comment
-
Re: M-Audio Torq
Traktor Scratch looks pretty swanky... though it pisses me off that there are so many options as far as control vinyl goes.For your aural infusion of Caley:
http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
http://ultrawizardsword.net
RA: CaleyComment
-
Re: M-Audio Torq
My friend David Farlow and Nino Anthony of Portamento Records both use the Korg Blue Electribe in their tracks, and everytime I hear one of those things I want one. So I know Korg makes some good stuff.Comment
-
Re: M-Audio Torq
it's not the mix I am still planning on making, but my friend and I tagged a set today:
...here is a set my friend and I tagged today, it's a little rough but whatever: The Combusting Adults - Session 01-20-07 01. Groovecatcher - Never alone in New York [Electrolux] 02. Groovecatcher - Cafe de la plage [Electrolux] 03. King Kooba - California suite [OM] 04. The Timewriter - So fragile (on my own) [Plastic City]For your aural infusion of Caley:
http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
http://ultrawizardsword.net
RA: CaleyComment
-
Re: M-Audio Torq
Well its been sometime since I originally posted on this and all I can say is after a couple of months of seeing/selling and using torq it absolutely rocks... I've yet to see the new controller (which is (imo) ugly as hell and cheap looking) so I can't comment on that setup. What I can comment on is the absolute ease of use and how stable torq is. I was hugely skeptical but the program honestly kicks ass. I may just lug everything down to WMC just to show the damn thing off (laptop, xone92, cdj800mkII's) ... then again, I'm a lazy mofo so that may not happen. In all honesty if it came down to Serato or Torq in my mind it's an absolute no brainer... buy Torq and save the 300 or so bucks for something else."only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge
Comment
-
-
Re: M-Audio Torq
nice video, too bad he didn't play a track that people might know in the video. Sounded more like some kinda breaky drum loop piece.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment