If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
.........eveing all. I have an old banger of a car, and it has always had really tight steering - I'm talking about really struggling to get it to go round tight corners. Other than that it's a great little runner.
However over the past week the steering has felt very 'loose' if you see what I mean. Almost as if the damn steering wheel is going to fall off? Tight corners aren't so tight now. I'm quite worried, don't want the steering to fail whilst I'm going at speed1
Problem sounds like a outter tie rod/sway bar combo, make sure the bushings have not rotted away and or need to be replaced.
Also when you turn make sure you are not hearing a squaling sound, if so you need to put more power steering fluid in, make sure you are not leaking.
The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.
Yeha like mentioned earlier it's sounds like the bushings on your sway bar links might have worn out, or your tie rod ends. If not, then the steering linkage itself might have gone bad.
I had a bad sway bar link just recently, and when I had a load in the car other than me and I took a right turn underdecent acceleration I could hear a repetative clunk sound and I felt it pretty hard core in the steering wheel. I took it to 2 different places and ultimately I ended up at the nissan dealership,and they totally ass raped me, but I don't feel the clunking anymore plus my steering is noticeably tighter now.
" Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment