haha yeah. plus no kids - biggest bonus.
Children of Men
Collapse
X
-
Re: Children of Men
no i dont. but i was talking about the 21 and over theater - no kids talking or screaming through the movie. i saw one recently at the "regular" theater and there was a little kid with those shoes that have flashing lights on them, and his mother was just letting the little bastard pretty much run around, so it was flashing lights every 5 seconds. very hard to concentrate. 8 bucks well spent.
of course, not all kids are a pain during movies, but with some movies i'd rather not even take the risk.Comment
-
Re: Children of Men
I'd much rather deal with a waitress giving me a bucket of beer than a flashing kid running past me
Comment
-
Re: Children of Men
Just saw it on DVD and it totally rocked. Cuaron is a genius, I love the feel he gives to that movie with his documentary style of shooting and long takes.
Funny thing: out all of the murmuring in foreign languages in the scene where the Fish convene to chose a new leader, all of a sudden I hear "Mrsh o picku mater", Macedonian for take a hike or I'll fuck your mother. The things I learn from Erzina
Comment
-
Re: Children of Men
I saw this on pay per view last week and thought the concept of the movie was great. The scene towards the end when Clive Owen and the mother walk out with the baby and the military stops firing into the building was powerful.
The movie in general had some leftist view points that I'm wondering were added for the movie in the times were in. I'm sure conservatives don't like this movie. My main complaint was that we didn't get to see the Human Project people and who they were, what they were about, and what happens with humanity. I felt cheated that they could've done so much more.Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon BonaparteComment
-
Re: Children of Men
agree
Correction, there were leftist viewpoints (Fish et al) and right wing ones (UK government) and neither one was depicted as sympathetic imo. Theo (Clive Owen) on the other hand grows from an apathic drunk into a guy who's willing to fight for a future, no matter the politics. The core message imo is not so much political.The movie in general had some leftist view points that I'm wondering were added for the movie in the times were in. I'm sure conservatives don't like this movie. My main complaint was that we didn't get to see the Human Project people and who they were, what they were about, and what happens with humanity. I felt cheated that they could've done so much more.
As for the Human Project and what happens with humanity, I think it would've killed the movie by making it pretty unrealistic/cheesy (the hero saves the day, we can all fuck 'n' breed again, yippiekayay, ...)Comment
-
Re: Children of Men
i loved this movie and the cinemtography was amazing. i loved the long take during the end of the flick with all of the bullets flying, i thought i was watching the beginning of saving private ryan again. awesome.Comment
-
Re: Children of Men
I thought 28 days later (first one) did the apocolypse thing much better tbh;
I also thought the reasons for the rest of the world going nuts - and subsequent reason for immigration heist in the UK, were a bit flimsy.
But good filming, dramatic scenes and good acting. The walk down the stairs was a great moment!....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
Comment
-
Re: Children of Men
Good film, that scene after the middle bit with the camera hovering just behind Theo's shoulder, and then the blood splatter: Best shit I've seen in a film recently

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment