Hey Andy - what was the Sankey's gig like, and how did you think it compared to Circus ? : Report needed !!
Digweed CANCEL's Portland show
Collapse
X
-
Re: Digweed CANCEL's Portland show
Hey Andy - what was the Sankey's gig like, and how did you think it compared to Circus ? : Report needed !!sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise. -
Re: Digweed CANCEL's Portland show
Circus was much better than Friday
He was more minimal edged on Fri & had more of a digweed sound on Sat.
I think he was feeling a bit better on Sat as well, I spent quite a bot of time talking to him on Fri & between every mix he was like 'I shoudlnt be here'.
Sat at circus was good but it needed another hour really to properly kick on into proper full on. That said getting your coats afterwards was a missionComment
-
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Digweed CANCEL's Portland show
It would of sucked for a Thursday, so I think Portland did not get a huge loss. If it were on a Friday or Saturday would been very poor to hear. Also the venue truly sucks, one of the worst places in Portland. If any thing, most of us were saved from a terrible sound system , full dick security, a Thursday show, and probably a very sour night. I am actually thankful, and I hope they rebook at a better venue and a Friday or Saturday.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: Digweed CANCEL's Portland show
well that sounds like maybe it was a good thing. You know JD doesn't like to play on crappy systems.Comment
-
Re: Digweed CANCEL's Portland show
It really is terrible. Blown tweets, and they try to make up for it by turning up the sound system. I saw Crystal Method there a few years back. I had to leave because the sounds was just God awful. I had a massive headache after 45 minutes. Don't take my word ... here are some reviews of the venue ...
The layout is ridiculous, the drinks are badly made and overpriced and the sound usually ranges from barely tolerable to unlistenable. The worst part of all is the over-zealous and amazingly rude security. Check your civil rights at the door, 'cause you will be man-handled like you're checking in to Gitmo wearing a turban.i just went to keak da sneak and it was so sick but not as good as E-40 but it was still a sick but besides that the people where cool i didnt have problems with security ands everything was goin great. but after a gun fight broke out it was went really crazyWent to see a show there in July 2006. The sound was horrible, the staff was extremely rude!! The band, Thievery Corporation sounded blurred, it was WAY WAY to loud, the treble was off the charts. I will NEVER see a show at this hell hole again.The staff is rude to a "T". The security treat you like a terrorist. Besides my girlfriend and angelina jolie, I don't think I know anyone else who I want frisking me like that. Little too touchy feely and rough, if you know what I mean. I asked the guy who frisked me, if next time he might want to get my number first before he did that. They truly seemed annoyed to be working there. And that goes for most of the bar staff as well. I use the term "Bar staff" lightly. Being a bartender usually requires that you know how to mix a drink. Ugh! And the beer upstairs is unapologetically flat on occasion. Their reasoning is that they have to pump the carbonation ALL THE WAY from the first floor. Whoopee! Listen, if you're gonna charge me $6 for a 12oz. beer in a plastic cup, at least have the courtesy to put some carbonation in it. Oh, and could you please find a way not to srew me over while buying tickets? A $6 service fee for a $17 ticket, get real!One person's experience of the Keller Williams show at the Roseland: rude, incompetent, intolerant, megalomaniacal security guards; dirty, washed-out sound overpowered by ambient drunken conversation; inefficient placement of seating; did I mention the Satanic security service? I don't care if John Lennon reincarnated plays the Roseland tomorrow -- I wouldn't be there, since I wouldn't be able to hear a word he sang and probably would be turned away at the door anyway. Never, ever, ever, ever again.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: Digweed CANCEL's Portland show
just saw porter yesterday evening, he put on some great stuff. was a good showIf the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is: infinite. - William BlakeComment
-
Comment
-
-
Re: Digweed CANCEL's Portland show
Well Vanguard should be sick, whose going???
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Digweed CANCEL's Portland show
after a club get's that many complaints about it's system, you'd think they would do something to fix it.
And who are these idiots who promote and bring in big dj's to that place....eeekComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,212
Posts: 1,238,528
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment