If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Just got done seeing Digweed in Minneapolis and he rocked it! By far one of his better sets that he's laid down in the past 4 or 5 times I've seen him. So I was asked to do the opening set with my tag partner Moksha before MSTRKRFT was supposed to go on but they ended up getting stuck in an elevator. So what started off being a 9 to 10 or 10:30 set became an extended opener. Being asked to keep the vibe going till around 11 we kept the energy building before being told that we needed to keep playing till past 11:30 to open for Digweed since MSTRKRFT wouldn't play tonight due to the elevator incident at their hotel (the poshest one in Minneapolis). So that was a dream come true opening for Digweed.
Besides the fire alarm going off at the club due to the fog, causing the sound system to be cut off for 15 to 20 minutes it was one of the best sets I've ever played. We recorded it but due to the fire alarm, will need to edit it so we can make it available.
man thats a dream come true. and from what i am reading lately mstrkrft should get stuck in elevators more often.
Congratulations on having a mostly successful dream gig phil.
man thats a dream come true. and from what i am reading lately mstrkrft should get stuck in elevators more often.
Congratulations on having a mostly successful dream gig phil.
Congrats phil, I?m sure you?re over the moon with that!
And jibs, I agree, I wonder who was the genius who came up with this booking idea of having a MSTRKRFT/Digweed tour.
I hated everything I?ve heard from them so far, and I don?t even see any connection with what Digweed?s about.
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
Phil - you and Jimmy both did a hell of a job opening up last night! Very nice warmup vibe and a great way to start off the show. That had to be an amazing feeling handing off the decks to Diggers.
As for the show, wow Digweed is totally on point as of late. The set was everything I hope for when I see him play out - twisted tracks, silly mixing, and a set programmed to perfection. I would put the music last night up there with any of the best times I've seen him out (WMC 01, WMC 06, several Bedrock shows in London, etc.). Everyone waiting for this tour to roll through their town def. has a reason to be excited!
My theory on mstrkrft is that digweed somehow paid someone to trap them in that elevator........he knew the club was only going to be open until 2:00 and needed to get all the time he could.
For if you do it right you'll find the moment never ends. -phish
Darktribal (Jeremy): I sure hope to see some pics from all the various photographers (two or three pro and many amateurs), that was such a great night.... MSTRKRFT ended up showing up at the club later on in the night but by then Diggers was in full blown throttle mode. So they just hung out backstage till the set gone done.
LMFAO.... Im sure that they werent stuck in any elevator. Im pretty sure after the promoters realized how BAD MSTRKRFT was, they are finding excuses to not have them open. I sure as hell hope they dont play the NYC show.
Phil, Congrats on opening for Diggers. I can only imagine. Its been a goal of mine since I started DJing ten yrs ago, and it still hasnt happened. Im jealous, but VERY happy for you. That will be a high point for some time to come I assume.
Mind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.
LMFAO.... Im sure that they werent stuck in any elevator. Im pretty sure after the promoters realized how BAD MSTRKRFT was, they are finding excuses to not have them open. I sure as hell hope they dont play the NYC show.
Phil, Congrats on opening for Diggers. I can only imagine. Its been a goal of mine since I started DJing ten yrs ago, and it still hasnt happened. Im jealous, but VERY happy for you. That will be a high point for some time to come I assume.
Thanks for the congrats! Hopefully that goal of yours will happens sometime soon. I guess living in a smaller city pays off every now and then.
Regarding MSTRKRFT, they did actually get stuck in an elevator at the hotel according to my friends who run the promotion company that brought them (same company that brought the Delta Heavy tour when Minneapolis was featured in the DVD).. One of those freak things, I guess.
Huge Fan of MSTRKRFT posting on another forum:
".but then I got to talk with Al-P of MSTRKRFT back stage for like 2 mins and he made me understand why they weren't gonna play last night. I don't think I would want to play after being stuck in an elevator for as long as they were not knowing what was gonna happen"
The man responsible for picking up MSTRKRFT from hotel:
"I was at the hotel and everything in our power was being done to get them out and to the venue... but we realized the situation there was more intense than we thought and it ended up taking a couple hours just to find a way to get them out of there... scary stuff"
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment