Taken it now for now to let it cool off... but does anyone know if its well and truly fucked or does it just need to calm down a bit?
Think I've b0rked my gfx card
Collapse
X
-
Think I've b0rked my gfx card
Got myself a GeForce 6800GT a few days ago. However, its started playing up bigtime. Tried to clock it slightly but it wouldn't have it. So brought the clock down to normal but things have just got progressively worse. 3DMark2001 starting hanging all the time claiming there wasn't enough memory. Then the screen would fuck up. Then loads of dots started appearing when rebooting. Then finally the entire screen is just showing a mess of colours and nothing seems to be working.
Taken it now for now to let it cool off... but does anyone know if its well and truly fucked or does it just need to calm down a bit?Tags: None -
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
Bollocks. Now I think I've fucked my motherboard as well. Is an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. Tried flashing the BIOS to the latest. Came up with errors. mainly "Overclocking failed - F1 to enter setup, F2 to run defaults". But I'm not even overclocking the system. I'm running an 800mhz FSB Pentium 4 2.6ghz and 400mhz DDR memory Dual Channel. Tried going back to an older version of the BIOS... still the same error.
Highly lost now.
Anyways, the upshot of all this is it looks like I'll be ploughing some cash in that new Dual Core system I was going to build. -
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
K. done some research and fixed the ASUS problem. But looks like gfx card is a gonna.
Comment
-
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
just go into your hardware profiles, right click on the video card, click the driver tab, remove the driver and re-install it, should set you back okwww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
Can't. This is what I am greeted with as I switch on the machine:
Comment
-
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
looks like you've borked it alrightwww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
Yup. Just emailed BFG to see if they can give me a helping hand.
Ah well... should be getting a 0% interest credit card come through in a few days... just sorting out my shopping list now.
Comment
-
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
if u,ve just got it send it back and say its faulty DONT MENSION OVERCLOCKING
by law they will have to replace it
Comment
-
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
u could also try reseting ur bios settings on the motherboard, there should be a jumper close to the battery, switch it to the next pin then remove the battery then switch it back to origonal settings and try thatComment
-
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
The card was second hand off ebay. So dunno if BFG will still honour the lifetime warranty. Tried resetting the BIOS and stuff, also flashing it to a higher version (which just caused more problems). Tbh, even after I had clocked it I don't think the card should have reacted like that.
However, we'll see. I've already dismantled one system to put up on ebay. Then this one will go once I know when I'll have the new system up and running.
Comment
-
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
simple....contact the seller on ebay and ask him to send it back or something similar, maybe he'll change the warrenty details to ursThe card was second hand off ebay. So dunno if BFG will still honour the lifetime warranty. Tried resetting the BIOS and stuff, also flashing it to a higher version (which just caused more problems). Tbh, even after I had clocked it I don't think the card should have reacted like that.
However, we'll see. I've already dismantled one system to put up on ebay. Then this one will go once I know when I'll have the new system up and running.

p.s. second hand on ebay ??? sorry to be rude m8 but that is FUCKIN DUM, i would never get second hand electronics off ebay man thats crazyComment
-
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
Well... bit of good news. BFG have, at least, emailed me back.
If you would like to setup a warranty replacement RMA, please reply to this
e-mail with the following information:
Full Name:
Phone Number:
Full Shipping Address:
E-mail Address:
BFG Product:
Once we have this information, we can continue setting up your replacement order.
Thank you,
Tony H
BFG SupportComment
-
Re: Think I've b0rked my gfx card
attaboy tonywww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,514
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment